What's new

Pinhole Sunset

kreuzberg

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 28, 2009
Messages
79
Reaction score
0
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm having a bit of a Holga adventure at the minute and this was taken with my latest toy. Image is of Dunluce Castle near Bushmills in Northern Ireland taken with a Holga 120wpc on Fuji Superia 100. Exposure time was about 12 minutes



C&C welcome
 
Love the colours... Any photoshop with regard to enhancing the colour..??

Might wish to take note of the horizon line... If there are clouds in the sky, might wish to bring down the horizon line to the 1/3 section of the image. Would love to see how the image would look with the bottom edge of the photo between the gap of the rocks at the right bottom corner...

Just my thoughts..
 
Love the colours... Any photoshop with regard to enhancing the colour..??

Might wish to take note of the horizon line... If there are clouds in the sky, might wish to bring down the horizon line to the 1/3 section of the image. Would love to see how the image would look with the bottom edge of the photo between the gap of the rocks at the right bottom corner...

Just my thoughts..

The only photoshopping was to adjust the exposure 1/4 stop.

I know the composition isnt really correct but I was trying to leave the image as "natural" as possible so I didnt want to crop it or remove the vignetting.

Feel free to crop away though, you can get a bigger version by clicking on the image
 
Gave this a try... Not sure about your feelings about it...

3955724025_7bd26dd55b.jpg
 
Gave this a try... Not sure about your feelings about it...

3955724025_7bd26dd55b.jpg

I have to say it doesnt really do anything for me, I know it improves the composition and the "quality" of the image if you get what I mean but it looses its pinholeyness :lol:
 
I'd love to hear more about the equipment used on this shot.

There wasnt much to it really:

1. Holga 120wpc with remote shutter release (about £30)
2. Expired Fuji Superia 100 (18 rolls for £11.50 inc postage)
3. Cheap tripod from Lidl (£5)

Pretty simple but it did the job
 
I love it! Very beautiful, and the colours are very vivid. Now I really want to try out a Holga lol.
 
I have to say it doesnt really do anything for me, I know it improves the composition and the "quality" of the image if you get what I mean but it looses its pinholeyness :lol:

True true... my apologies... forgot about the Holga factor.... Hahaha...

I'm aiming to get the Lomography Fisheye sometime next week... :lmao:

Cheers.
 
I have to say it doesnt really do anything for me, I know it improves the composition and the "quality" of the image if you get what I mean but it looses its pinholeyness :lol:

True true... my apologies... forgot about the Holga factor.... Hahaha...

I'm aiming to get the Lomography Fisheye sometime next week... :lmao:

Cheers.

Cool, I think you could have fun with that.

I had an urge to buy either a fisheye or a supersampler, I think I might have a problem....:lol:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom