What's new

Pining for a lens? I think I may have totally lost it lol

Aayria

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 12, 2010
Messages
787
Reaction score
40
Location
U.S.
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Has anyone else been so terribly excited for a piece of camera equipment? I mean.. I've been excited about things before like a house or a car or a new computer... But a camera lens? LOL... I have been learning so much about photography the past few weeks that I literally dream about it at night. And I have bad dreams like "oh no! I totally missed the shot!!!"

So now.. I'm waiting to pick up the Nikon 50mm 1.4 for my D5000... and the wait is killing me LOL. But appease the husband I must, and so I wait at least a little while. Would it be absolutely bizarre for me to ask for a new lense as an upcoming anniversary present? Forget the diamonds, I want GLASS!!! :lmao:
 
Has anyone else been so terribly excited for a piece of camera equipment? I mean.. I've been excited about things before like a house or a car or a new computer... But a camera lens? LOL... I have been learning so much about photography the past few weeks that I literally dream about it at night. And I have bad dreams like "oh no! I totally missed the shot!!!"

So now.. I'm waiting to pick up the Nikon 50mm 1.4 for my D5000... and the wait is killing me LOL. But appease the husband I must, and so I wait at least a little while. Would it be absolutely bizarre for me to ask for a new lense as an upcoming anniversary present? Forget the diamonds, I want GLASS!!! :lmao:

Glass makes a lot more sense to me than diamonds :) After all, how many ways can you use a piece of jewelry?
 
Go for it because a divorce will cost him much more :lol:
 
Go for it because a divorce will cost him much more :lol:

Oh gosh, that sounds like the headline for a really bad T.V. shot... "Wife leaves husband over camera lens dispute."

Maybe it would be Judge. Joe Brown Presiding. He seems to know ALL about how important camera gear is:lmao:
 
Lenses are like torment to me!
Do yourself a favour and never ever shoot with anything silly expensive - I have withdrawl symptoms from having to hand back the 300mm f2.8 IS L and I only took a few snaps with it..... sooo sharp..... sooo contrasty..... gah!!
 
Go for it because a divorce will cost him much more :lol:

Oh gosh, that sounds like the headline for a really bad T.V. shot... "Wife leaves husband over camera lens dispute."

Maybe it would be Judge. Joe Brown Presiding. He seems to know ALL about how important camera gear is:lmao:


My partner is sat next to me at the moment going through a cataloge of horse riding gear "look at these jodpur's only £120" = $200 about
She can think again :grumpy:
 
Hmm... I wonder what the refractive index of diamond is compared to glass....
 
Lenses are like torment to me!
Do yourself a favour and never ever shoot with anything silly expensive - I have withdrawl symptoms from having to hand back the 300mm f2.8 IS L and I only took a few snaps with it..... sooo sharp..... sooo contrasty..... gah!!


You know you want one :lol:
 
Lenses are like torment to me!
Do yourself a favour and never ever shoot with anything silly expensive - I have withdrawl symptoms from having to hand back the 300mm f2.8 IS L and I only took a few snaps with it..... sooo sharp..... sooo contrasty..... gah!!


You know you want one :lol:

yah :( but have to SEEN the UK price on it! I could sell all my gear (Barring the camera of course) and still have a good £1000 odd needed to get it! Gah stupid recession.........
 
I think that's where I've been lucky never to use something truly amazing. Everything I have is pretty much the best I've used, so I'm able to stay relatively satisfied. But, if I ever use truly awesome equipment, it's going to be tough.
 
i did the same with my car. there was the v8 version and the v6 version.
i bought the v6 whitout trying the v8 version because i know i didnt need it.

couple months after i drove the v8, ohh man! i had to buy it!
 
Lenses are like torment to me!
Do yourself a favour and never ever shoot with anything silly expensive - I have withdrawl symptoms from having to hand back the 300mm f2.8 IS L and I only took a few snaps with it..... sooo sharp..... sooo contrasty..... gah!!


You know you want one :lol:

yah :( but have to SEEN the UK price on it! I could sell all my gear (Barring the camera of course) and still have a good £1000 odd needed to get it! Gah stupid recession.........

There is 2 here where i got mine from
Canon Auto Focus - Aperture Photographic Tel. 020 7242 8681
 
You, my friend, are suffering from a bad case of G.A.S. (gear acquisition syndrome). We all experience it at one time or another.
 
You know you want one :lol:

yah :( but have to SEEN the UK price on it! I could sell all my gear (Barring the camera of course) and still have a good £1000 odd needed to get it! Gah stupid recession.........

There is 2 here where i got mine from
Canon Auto Focus - Aperture Photographic Tel. 020 7242 8681

Thanks for that - not heard of them before!
Now..... £2000+ hmmm ok if I break into the supermarket just where about will the money be kept?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom