• Total voters

globeglimpser

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.globeglimpser.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just wanted to hear what photographers think of the social media: Pinterest. To me it seems that all the content shown comes from photographers yet most of the people on don't shoot themselves.

So anyway:
1) What is your opinion about it?
2) Do you use it and if so, do you have a particular purpose?
3) How would you feel if some one 'pinned' one of your shots?

It seems like an interesting social media to me and as a starter blogger, could be an excellent communication tool in the future. But why bother with something when no one who shares your pinterests (see what I did there :lol:) is on...

Too girlie, and I'm not meaning that in a sexist way. Pinterest isn't so much femanine as it is like '14 year old girl sleepover'.

I joined it early on, but have had very little time to explore it. I have NO idea yet whether it's something I'd want to use for photography and no idea HOW I'd use it for photography if I wanted to.
Currently, I use it more for other craft ideas and for women's ministry planning/decorating ideas--it's been great for that. But honestly, mostly the other members of my leadership team generally do all the "pinning", and I just go and look at what they've pinned and decide whether to do anything with it or not. I think I've actually "pinned" about three things.

EDIT: Actually, I *have* used it for photography, now that I think about it, and I guess that means I've also pinned more than 3 things.
I just haven't used it for PHOTOS. I pinned a couple of ideas for hunting blinds that helped me figure out how to make a "shooting blind" in my backyard for bird photography. And I think I've also pinned some ideas for frame arrangements, stuff like that.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back