What's new

Pittsburgh Version 2.0

412 Burgh

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
1,414
Reaction score
192
Location
Pittsburgh
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
1.

Pittsburgh Bridge by ZDiBeradin, on Flickr

Enjoy! HDR long exposure. Unfortunately there was a building dumping out a lot of smoke in front of the Highmark building that you can see.. As well as some other buildings dumping off some steam from their roof as well. Hope you like it.
 
The snow, it is turquoise. I must ask, why?
 
Nice although it looks like the smoke/steam has ghosted in several spots. Which Im assuming is because of multiple exposures for the HDR? I think Id just prefer a long single exposure here..
 
The snow, it is turquoise. I must ask, why?

I suspect there are a lot of blue dogs in Pittdburg...or someone is color blind....or, I don't know but he had the same issue in the first version posted.

This is how I would expect HDR to look. It's not overcooked, or garishly tone-mapped to death but somewhere, and I suspect at the very beginning, you didn't get your black and white points set correctly, thus altering the color balance from the word go. In some ways, I sorta, almost, kinda like the tourquoise snow as it adds a bit of surrealism to the scene. Unfortunately, the rest of the scene is as flat as a board.
I should be seeing great depth in the reflections on the walkway and far more saturated color than I am experiencing...though, if the intent is for that flat look, then you can't have the tourquoise snow. You have a conundrum, laddie, a problem, a dilemma, a quandry...hmmmmmmmmm.
 
Perhaps the turquoise snow is from the blue lights on the bridge?


The building with the arch has a stitch mismatch that is pretty glaring.
 
The arch building has a double arch, in the front and the back. I actually did make that fault in post as I thought it wasn't very noticeable There were two huge black lighting posts in front of the building I removed. I took it into black and white as people were not fans of the colored version. Maybe this is better. However, I didn't go back to PS to fix my cloning mistake. I have yet to get the chance.


Pittsburgh by ZDiBeradin, on Flickr


EDIT:

Also here is a very small pano... it failed but what the heck all did these photos did


Bridge by ZDiBeradin, on Flickr
 
Is there anyway you could link the original raw files in a program such as Mediafire and let some of the more advanced PP folks on here have a go. I think the images you wanted are in there, I am just not convinced you know how to get to them. I am not sure I can either, but there are some pretty savvy folks on here in LR/CS who can.
 
I think this would be hot using the the right WB.
 
Here is the unedited photo other than the HDR and Photomerge.




Uploaded with ImageShack.us
 
I really like the B&W version the best as it keeps the drama without the objectionable color, very nice POV
 
I like the B&W too but if you got the colors right.....
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom