pixels

julie32

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.juliestarkphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I tried to do a search but was getting results that weren't answering my question. So, i have to ask it here.
What is the maximum size a photo should be to post on here so it doesn't take up your whole screen!

Thank you!

Well everybody has a different screen resolution :)

For example, I'm using 1280x800. Some people have higher or lower resolutions. Taking the web browser into account, a 800x600 picture should fit nicely for most people.

There might actually be a sticky for this, but I keep mine at 800 pixels wide or smaller. That way people with a 1024 x 768 web browser window will have no trouble seeing anything.

There might actually be a sticky for this, but I keep mine at 800 pixels wide or smaller. That way people with a 1024 x 768 web browser window will have no trouble seeing anything.
+1

Sometimes there is a need for larger, if you have a specific concern where the viewing size will make a difference, but 800 pix on the ling side is usually pretty good, Aperture has a "save as" that is "within 640x640" an that has been working well for me recently.

800 on the longest side should really be the max. 720 on the longest side means that it wil show on nearly all screens without eny need for scrolling.
However if you have 1000+ versions just post up a link below the smaller version in a post.
Always try to avoid links to photos on their own as people tend to be lazy and not follow

Most reactions

New Topics

Back