Plain and Simple

AMOMENT

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
She has a computer; yes. She does not have access to one because, as most of you know, there was a huge storm up North. Her town, and most of mine have had no power since Sat. and prob won't til this coming Sat. It's a disaster, but not really because at least everyone has their health etc. What I meant by abstract was (given that abstract means anything deviated from the normal and typical) that she was going for a saturated , un-life like look. (she has often used the word abstract to describe her work.) Abstract really cannot be defined or labeled. It is possible that she did not achieve the "abstract" ness that everyone on here is used to, but to her and me (I've seen alot of her stuff) I see her angle. She knows that I appreciate that but sometimes thinks she over does it. She sometimes thinks I miss my focus. (which I do) We learn from one another by being truthful. She never personally attacks ME or visa versa. She planned on joining the site but prob won't now. LOL

It's really as simple as this: she came over to take some pics of my girls and used my PSE. (even though she has her own but can't because no power at her house) She worked on a few at my house. I showed her this site etc. etc. and she asked me to put up those 3 photos. I did. She has read everything. She was part of the process.

In case I too offended anyone by posting someone else's pics that had nothing to do with anyone on here, I am sorry. I will wave the white flag, again. She nor I did not ever think that by posting her pics under my name of MY DAUGHTER edited with my PSE, that it would cause such madness. She also knew that I gave my interpretation of her photos on here because, from what I've seen, that is what is done so that is what I did. She and I were surprised that I knew what metering was while she didn't because the dynamic of the relationship flipped for a second. She is usually teaching me. In fact, it really was a testimony to all of you because I have been telling her everything that you all have been teaching me. You have BEEN SOO HELPFUL AND I WAS BASICALLY USING THAT AS AN EXAMPLE. THANK YOU!

In all honesty, there is nothing to add up. It's that plain and simple. I think a few of you misunderstood the situation. I can see why you must have thought what you did, but now knowing allllllllll the details, perhaps you can reasses.

Sorry, again. Man, I apologize alot on here. :sexywink: Thank god this is not a reflection of my real life or I'd be one sad person.

For future reference; I consider it normal decency on ANYONE with a remote conscience to ask permission before posting someone else's pics. I didn't even have to ask her, she asked me. Anyway....moving on.

I am sorry, again. I do find it odd that I have walked away from this site, now twice, more upset than I do in my actual life.

NONETHELESS....I AM SORRY if I stirred up trouble. It was the furthest thing from my mind and certainly not my friend's motive. :lol:

What I meant by abstract was (given that abstract means anything deviated from the normal and typical) that she was going for a saturated , un-life like look.

But...here's the thing. That's not abstract. The problem is that it wasn't executed right and it honestly looks like someone who doesn't really know what they're doing. The images were soft, white balance all over the place and just very common of "snapshots". That's not a bad thing, mind you. I love me some snapshots. I think you have an emotional investment which is muddying your understanding of the quality of work. Maybe studying someone like Richard Avedon for inspiration and someone to guage yourself with? Keep your friend your friend and the photography fun.

Thanks. I thought so. I am not that "person." In all honesty, this is such a good example of why the internet can't be trusted as a good indication of who and what people are like. I am the happiest person in the world...lol. I am the biggest wimp and am barely comfortable being angry at people, nonetheless, actually causing ANYONE OR ANYTHING ANY TYPE OF pain.

I might as well surrender to the fact that I have to have my guard up here.

For what it's worth, I have learned more on here in a month than I have in the past 6 months. My knowing of metering was a testimony, not to myself, but to this site and all of you experts.=) LOL...that was the whole reason she wanetd me to post her pics; because of this site and all of you, I actually was coming to her with new info. Scary. It totally spun out of control into I was being a bad friend/person and exploiting her work. WOW; couldn't have been farther from the truth. (as I've explained)

On a lighter note; Happy Halloween everyone and for anyone who was effected by the storm, I hope you are okay. All of our traffic lights are out, live power lines are down. It feels like the twilight zone over here. We were not ready for a 10inch snow storm in October.

And most importantly, thank you all for everything you have been teaching me! It does not go on deaf ears.

Hope you get power and everything back very soon.

Thanks! We were lucky and didn't lose power but alot of people did. A friend of mine (actually this girl
s sister) has four kids, one of which is sick. =( They have no heat and can't cook or boil water to clean her bottles etc. Unfortunately they can't stay in a hotel because of financial reasons. We think they might stay with us.

I prob. am emotionally invested in her. I think she was going for an abstract look and maybe didn't achieve it. To me, I knew where she was coming from because I know her. We are both working on executing our ideas and both have VERY different styles. Which is cool!

You have just had a load of snow in NY?

Quite often we get some heavy weather in the UK a few days after east coast US. Too early to arrive as snow for us (except up in the hills and mountains).

Most reactions

Back