Planet Earth

Mitica100

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well, I've been watching a little bit of this wonderful BBC series on the tube and decided to buy the entire series on DVD. Been watching it today like crazy! Incredible photography, incredible scenery. I highly recommend it to everyone. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

oh yeah, i saw some of it on the discovery channel a few months ago.

I've been watching that too...and I've been dropping hints to my wife that we need to have the set on DVD.

Have you seen the 'make of' episode? That one really shows the dedication of the people involved in making this.

our library has that DVD set.
I rented it a while back... watched them all... very amazing. :thumbup:

Have you seen the 'make of' episode? That one really shows the dedication of the people involved in making this.

Yeah, the Diaries. Quite amazing! Especially the one about filming the penguins in Antarctica. I can't imagine spending 30 days in that kind of weather. Or the one about caves. Man, I felt very claustrophobic while watching them do the preparations and the filming.

I was so impressed with this set of DVDs that I ordered the Blue Planet as well. Sma producers, same narrator.

If I'm not mistaken...these were all shot in HD, were they not?

I know I'd need an HD TV to watch them in HD...but would a person also need special HD DVDs (with player to match)?

No, I have the set on regular definition DVDs. But you're right, they are also to be found in HD and Blue Ray.

If you need the ISBN of mine, here it is:

1-4198-4936-0

That way you can find them fast.

I actually caught one the other day while I was at the folk's house. Seeing it in HD is just amazing!! It just blew my mind!

Same a mate of mine who is using the XBox HD-DVD and a unfortunately only 720p projector invited me over for this. I was in awe. Even at 720p the resolution was amazing. This documentary is simply meant for HD.

I love the scene were that white bellied shark swallows a seal whole and in the process launches itself several metres into the air, and all in slow motion no less. It's about half way through the Artic episode.

Most reactions

Back