Planning out gear for my summer trip

jimiismydaddy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am driving from texas to cali and back in early july. Im gonna be hitting places like Carlsbad, Death Valley, San Diego, Big Sur, Yosemite, Vegas. Im trying to decide what other essential pieces of gear I might need. I want to make sure I get some stunning shots in Yosemite especially. I figure I need to get some filters for my telephoto at least. What other lens would be beneficial to me? My current gear is in my sig.

I would probably say a circular polarizer for the 18-70.

If you really wanted to splash out, then go for a cokin filter set up or something similar with an ND filter and maybe a grad ND filter as well.

Oh and make sure you have more than enough memory cards. :thumbup:

Ive got UV and CP for the kit. Would get a ND for that and then probably all three for the tele.

Got 6 gigs of CF. And my laptop so I shouldnt take more than 6 gigs in one day.

what filter thread size does the 70-210 have?

I probably wouldnt bother getting a CP for the tele, but thats just me. When i had a widish zoom and a tele that had the same filter size, i never used my CP on the tele.

The tele and the prime both have 49mm. The kit 55mm. boots, pack, and tripod all covered. A remote release might be smart. I'm really concerned with getting great landscape and nature shots. I figure a ND for sure and maybe a skylight. Anyoen use color intensifiers?

What about a teleconverter? Would that be on any decent use? I seem to read that they pretty much suck lol.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back