Completely Counter-dependent
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.lewlortonphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
plastic bags

I get few, if any, responses/criticisms to what I post and I sometimes wonder if only I like them because they bring back memories and to everyone else the pictures are supremely boring.

This picture may be one of those. Taken on one of a succession of dull days in small city in northern Laos. I keep coming back to it and can't really understand why.

12413-LP_00006.jpg

Well I think it's great! :)

compliments greatfully accepted but I'd also like to know why you like it, what you see.

Maybe that will give me a clue how to better express why I like it myself.

My hope is always to make pictures that stir thoughts that go outside the real content of the image itself.

Well I love the colors, and how it tells a story. :)

well, it does not tell me a story in a classical way I have to say.

To me it is a "just" a window to a detail of other people's everyday life. It hence has an exotic but still down to earth and disillusioning touch to it.

If this was taken in a place where I live, I would probably not like it, but since it is apparently way off my way of living, it is at least interesting.

these are personal feelings only.

I simply think its a good picture. It doesn't tell me a story on its own. The fact that you told me it was from Laos makes it interesting as part of the story of your trip. If anything it makes me want to see more pictures of Laos.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back