What's new

Play day with the childern C&C please

Patriot

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
May 10, 2012
Messages
810
Reaction score
117
Location
Spokane, Washington
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Every Tuesday I go to a orphanage to show support for the children there. They really like us and know the exact time the bus arrives, it's kinda funny watching them wait as we pull up. I decided to take my camera after learning that it's safe to have around the kids. Sometimes they take better pictures than me. I use this time to get in some practice shots of the active children and challenge myself to be in the right place at the right time. It gets hard sometime with the fading light but I'm learning something new every time I go. Can you tell me how I can make the pictures better in anyway?


The power of angry birds by Jarrett_Hunt, on Flickr


Strut your stuff by Jarrett_Hunt, on Flickr


Ready to catch by Jarrett_Hunt, on Flickr


Heads up by Jarrett_Hunt, on Flickr


Chips by Jarrett_Hunt, on Flickr


Strong Arm by Jarrett_Hunt, on Flickr


Chillin on the sidelines by Jarrett_Hunt, on Flickr

This last picture is about the only one that I add PP to. I didn't know what look to give it without it looking like something from Instagram. Instagram seem to have ruined everything now making me paranoid about how to go about post processing the pictures.
 
OMG, I chuckled at number three. That was a really great emotional capture. The processing in that last one is nice. Technically speaking, it might be the best of the set.

I suggest paying attention to three things, specifically:
1. Backgroungs
2. Framing (take care as to not chop limbs)
3. Exposure
 
:thumbup: To being a great human being :) Shot 3 is my favorite... Love the moment captured there.. a little blurring, faster shutter should help this. I think these are great images. I cannot offer too much help as I am still learning myself. Maybe create a larger depth of field with the less desirable backgrounds, or just step to another angle to improve the background. Nice shots.
 
Another good thing with children is to get on their level instead of shooting downward... :)
 
Emotions...expressions... i really like them
I really appreciate your attitude...
:hail:
 
Hey, this is wonderful! I love #3: what a great expression. :D

Here's what I'd do with #1:

$7466671974_0e716ac6e4_k.webp

and with #2:

$7466669164_6ac5f9dd73_k.webp
 
Last edited:
BTW, I have a friend who's teaching English in Korea to 1st graders. This week she's teaching them to say, "Yo, sup?!" :lol: She sent me a video of a couple little girls saying "Yo, sup!" and giggling hysterically. They're SO cute!
 
Framing, color
fill the frame with important stuff and cut out the unimportant stuff.
your PPing on the last gave him a bad color.
post the original please

boys1.jpg


boys2m.jpg


boys3n.jpg


boys4u.jpg
 
Thank you every one for the comments. I will try to do a better job at framing shots, I also don't like chopping off limbs but it gets hard when they won't stay still. I just recieved a 35mm 1.8G so that should help blur out the background a bit. The play ground is a little small and crowded to be able to get shots with no one in the back. I will keep trying though and challege myself to be in the right spot. Also the 35mm should help me increase shutter speed in the low light canceling out the blur.


Here is the Original of the last picture that you asked for sir.
$Original.webp
 
BTW, I have a friend who's teaching English in Korea to 1st graders. This week she's teaching them to say, "Yo, sup?!" :lol: She sent me a video of a couple little girls saying "Yo, sup!" and giggling hysterically. They're SO cute!

Where in Korea do she teach?
 
BTW, I have a friend who's teaching English in Korea to 1st graders. This week she's teaching them to say, "Yo, sup?!" :lol: She sent me a video of a couple little girls saying "Yo, sup!" and giggling hysterically. They're SO cute!

Where in Korea do she teach?

erm.. Somewhere in the Seoul area. I think. Maybe. Not sure. :3
 
Well thats a little too far to travel for me.
 
Tbey are Ok, but just snapshots for personal use.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom