Playa Ballota at sunrise

The prefect light! Looks like you got a break in the clouds at just the right spot. How long did you wait for that exact moment and how long did it last before disappearing?

Hey there! Glad you enjoyed the light here :) I was on location all morning, from about 45 minutes before sunrise to about 1h after, as I always do. The sun was poking in and out of the clouds, and I was trying to have the group catch a great light with various different compositions - one of which is this one here :) As it always happens, some of the composition got luckier as light goes, some a little less so...

Best regards,

Vieri

Location,light, lens, luck, learning..it looks like you had all 5-L's! Good shot, Vieri!

Location,light, lens, luck, learning..it looks like you had all 5-L's! Good shot, Vieri!

Hey Derrel,

Thank you very much, glad you enjoyed it! :) Actually, I'd replace "location, lens, luck" with "preparation" ;) and :"learning" with "teaching", since I was the Workshop leader there - the light is the only thing that we can't control, so perhaps we got a little luck there (but then again, choosing the time of the year when to go is part of preparation!) :D

Best regards,

Vieri

I read 20-some years ago that 'luck' is when,"Preparation meets opportunity." I took that definition to heart...

I read 20-some years ago that 'luck' is when,"Preparation meets opportunity." I took that definition to heart...

Makes a lot of sense to me :) Best regards,

Vieri

Most reactions

New Topics

Back