playing around with processing, what do you think?

Amber_Cullen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I love this picture of Ash, its just so her, hamming it up for the camera. But I was never too keen on the processing of the original, it felt like it was missing something. So I played around with it in a program that flickr provides and I like how the new one came out. But what do YOU think?

Original:
3117835963_90e1a24c25.jpg

Larger
Edited:
3221958233_9fb4c29ac3.jpg

Larger

Click the link to view them larger, they're better that way.

I thought the original was missing something until I viewed the the edited one. The original is spectacular in comparison.

The edited version looks like it was shot on cheap, out dated film, and then developed in spent chemistry.

I thought the original was missing something until I viewed the the edited one. The original is spectacular in comparison.

The edited version looks like it was shot on cheap, out dated film, and then developed in spent chemistry.

Haha. Sounds exactly right. Which is why I prefer the edited one. Nice work.

I actually like the first one more. That's just me though.

Im not a fan at all. Way too yellow, and too harsh of a vignette.

I agree, the increase in exposure and contrast makes the image look way to harsh. It looks like it was developed cheaply on OLD film.

The main point of a head shot is to soften your subjects surface area, not make it more intense. You want the girl to draw attention, but you want her to flow smoothly with the rest of the image.

To each their own. I personally dont care for the processing. I do however think that there is good potential in the first shot. I needs a little boost in saturation and maybe a little curves and levels adjustment.

I've been in a PP funk lately and am loving fun actions on photos- something different which is why today I love #2.

i love the 2nd one...the first one is nice but ordinary....

Most reactions

New Topics

Back