What's new

playing with backlighting

Battou

TPF junkie!
Joined
May 10, 2007
Messages
8,046
Reaction score
65
Location
Slapamonkey, New York
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I originally took this for the around the house theme but I don't like the way it turned out.
Picture21.jpg


Thoughts, honest oppinions. Is it worth trying again, what should I do diffrently (asside from cleaning my scaner bed apparently).
 
Aside from a bit of a tidy up in the background before you take the shot, the main thing I'd look at is reflecting some light back onto the club heads. A sheet of foam board or a Lastolite should do the trick nicely.
 
Ok, I can think of a couple things to go. Should I do any thing with File cabnit there or will that just cause the loss of the clubs.

Also, I don't want too much light to be reflected back, part of the reason I thought I'd try the backlighting was because I don't like the white lether bag at all. I'm sure if I put my mind to it I can keep the light off the bag and on the clubs or would that be a bad idea, or should I bring it in from the side.
 
I retook the shot today, I have less than high hopes for the new shot I think I may have had toomuch light in the foreground and the bag itself, but we'll see.
 
Got the reshoots back today, I was correct, I had too much light this time, I'll give it one more try, if it fails it's toast.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom