Playing with foil - C&C

TimothyPeacock

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A couple of shots playing with some foil from a while ago.

Would love a bit of feedback, my personal opinion:

I think it would have been nicer with softer light, not quite sure that I like the hard shadows.
Also maybe shot at too short a focal length, especially on the second shot with large arm syndrome?
Potentially done a boo boo with the framing of the first, cutting off elbows, but I'm not sure.
I could also have done with a rim light on the second one just to pull out her hair slightly.

Is my self critique going along the right lines?

IMG_9373-7_zps94254a72.jpg

IMG_9391-10_zps9cec9373.jpg

Many thanks for any feedback/criticism/abuse!

Tim

I hate the foil ....you have a pretty model why not work with her....use some black gauze like material and add some dark texture ....the foil just does not work

I hate the foil ....you have a pretty model why not work with her....use some black gauze like material and add some dark texture ....the foil just does not work

Thanks for the feedback, it was a bit of a concept we were playing with along with some other bits and pieces; if it doesn't work I won't be going back to it!

T

The foil just does nothing for me and the darkness of her armpit really draws my eye to her armpit instead of to...whatever my eye was supposed to be drawn to.

Never have tin foil hats been so sexy. Good work.

The foil just does nothing for me and the darkness of her armpit really draws my eye to her armpit instead of to...whatever my eye was supposed to be drawn to.

I was slightly questioning the armpit myself, I will see what I can do to make it less prominent. Many thanks for the feedback.

Never have tin foil hats been so sexy. Good work.

Thank you!

IMO, there is almost never a good reason to take a picture that shows someone's armpit.
There is almost never a good reason to take a picture of someone with foil wrapped around them (or on their head) either.
Small wonder then, that I am especially NOT a fan of the second shot. :D

Ditch the foil, lower her arm to hide the armpit, and then you'll be onto something. Because she's a very pretty model.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back