Playing with Lighting

eccs19

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I got some time to play with my home studio setup, and looking for critique on the lighting more than anything. It was just me, so I was taking the pictures, playing with the lighting, posing for the camera, etc., so keep that in mind. Given, how does it look? Flash was to camera right with reflective umbrella, reflector on camera left. Second picture has a bit of extra light on the background. Wasn't as noticeable as I was hoping, but you can see a bit of a difference.

1. No flash on back ground.

IMGP3361.jpg

2. Flash on back ground.

IMGP3367.jpg

Main light is a bit high. I would have love to see a bit of fill-light as well.
Go to this site and look over the examples.
Good Luck
The Examples

i do not see much of a difference in the background
i see over exposure on the subjects face
try less stops on the flash

Did some changes to my lighting. Moved the umbrella a little closer to the camera, ditched the reflector, and use the low powered flash I was using on the back ground to fill in somewhat on the front. I was getting some strange shadows from the flash on my background, so I took and old plastic bag, and put it over the flash, and that fixed the background issue. I then took another low powered flash (a little more power than the first one), and put it onto the background. I think it looks better, what about you experts who know more about lighting than I do?

IMGP3383.jpg

Most reactions

Back