Playing with Photoshop

I understand the importance of composition, but if someone is gonna say you should improve on composition, I'd except to hear specific points on what the comment is based on. I'm not defending the pictures, they're just random pictures I took, like most people here I'm just trying to learn.

I understand the importance of composition, but if someone is gonna say you should improve on composition, I'd except to hear specific points on what the comment is based on. I'm not defending the pictures, they're just random pictures I took, like most people here I'm just trying to learn.
What have you go to learn from taking random photos? It's only when you actually try to compose a shot rather than randomly press the shutter. This is the case whether you use a cell phone or a 'proper' camera. Proper guidance will come when you try and make a composition and you're aware of what you are trying to achieve. You will get plenty of guidance on proper composition. Go out and make some effort!

What is wrong with random pictures?

By random I mean, any one of the pictures taken, not carelessly taken.

Last edited:
What is wrong with random pictures?
The same thing that's wrong with your second photo. It has no clear subject as it has no clear direction behind it. The first may not be a great composition as we see cows rear ends but at least we see a definite subject. The second is just meh.

Edited to add - your addition after I posted my response doesn't make sense. "Anyone the pictures I taken, not carelessly taken" What do you mean?

I mispelled it. I meant, any one of the pictures taken, not carelessly taken.

That's kind of the response I was hoping for, but don't completed understand it. What could be a clear direction behind a green mountain?

I mispelled it. I meant, any one of the pictures taken, not carelessly taken.

That's kind of the response I was hoping for, but don't completed understand it. What could be a clear direction behind a green mountain?
For me there is nothing of interest there. No different textures, the colours are all a bit muted and one dimensional. It's not particularly pretty so there's nothing to sell the image to me. There's no life or interest in the scene for me.

I see. Help me with one more. I had a pretty good idea of what I was trying to achieve with this one.

20120120-IMG_1933.jpg

zcar21 said:
I see. Help me with one more. I had a pretty good idea of what I was trying to achieve with this one.

What was it you were trying to achieve? Do you think you achieved? It helps to cc people when we can understand what they were goin for. ;)

You asking might be a good indication that I didn't. Maybe somebody else care to comment on this one?

I'm just askin honestly. All I see is what maybe was a road or driveway that is flooded like woah! That's lined with palm trees lol.

You never answered my questions.

You are asking is it bad but what were you going for? It's a photo of cows walking away from you. That might have been a good decision for your sake. :)

Close enough but, I wanted to show how rising water is affecting us. Those palm trees were once at the side of the lake, now they're inside. There wasn't enough room at the end of the lines to see this. I'll probably shoot this scene next time I pass by again.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back