playing with street photography

kalgra

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So street photography particularly people is something that is brand new to me. Well to be honest its ALL very new but anyhow, "street" in the people sense has always kind of been difficult for me to grasp.

In most cases I know why I like or dislike certain images but in the case of "people street" Im not always sure why I like something. It seems to me that I often like what others seem to criticize and dislike those that so many others appreciate. This makes me think I just dont get it.

Here are a few of my own. I have a few others id like to share as well but dont have them uploaded yet so maybe later. Id like some CC on these as I think I could learn to really enjoy shooting this kind of thing but want to learn to see better.

This one was taken at about 11:30 at night in France. This rollerblader was zooming around this courtyard area blasting his little handheld radio. It was Dark and ISO was high but the graininess of this one dosnt bother me to much. I tried it in B&W and It was good I think but I preferred color.

This one was coming up out of the Metro in Paris. This guy was just kind of jamming out on his keyboard with his two dogs and I though he was interesting. The colors were very drab so I thought this one worked better in B&W

This was a quick flyby shot from the hip as I was walking down the street. I like this one and I dont really know why. I feel like I shouldn't like it and the crop on the guy is too tight but something about the colors and the out of focus table and the objects on it in the foreground is interesting to me.

Last edited:
How in the heck does that skater turn his feet like that??? :aiwebs_016:

Great set! My favorite is #2. :)

So street photography particularly people is something that is brand new to me. Well to be honest its ALL very new but anyhow, "street" in the people sense has always kind of been difficult for me to grasp.

In most cases I know why I like or dislike certain images but in the case of "people street" Im not always sure why I like something. It seems to me that I often like what others seem to criticize and dislike those that so many others appreciate. This makes me think I just dont get it.

Here are a few of my own. I have a few others id like to share as well but dont have them uploaded yet so maybe later. Id like some CC on these as I think I could learn to really enjoy shooting this kind of thing but want to learn to see better.

This one was taken at about 11:30 at night in France. This rollerblader was zooming around this courtyard area blasting his little handheld radio. It was Dark and ISO was high but the graininess of this one dosnt bother me to much. I tried it in B&W and It was good I think but I preferred color.

This one was coming up out of the Metro in Paris. This guy was just kind of jamming out on his keyboard with his two dogs and I though he was interesting. The colors were very drab so I thought this one worked better in B&W

This was a quick flyby shot from the hip as I was walking down the street. I like this one and I dont really know why. I feel like I shouldn't like it and the crop on the guy is too tight but something about the colors and the out of focus table and the objects on it in the foreground is interesting to me.

In #1 I think it would work better as a "portrait" (vertical) crop, with a little more space under the skates. In #3 the person is also out of focus. The camera focused on the postcards and stores.

Thanks the out of focus guy is what I liked about that one lol.

Most reactions

Back