Playtime With Gators

K9Kirk

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Grab your kayaks and get in the water, it's play time! Just a few pics I took recently at Myakka River State Park outside of Sarasota.
11142592-f studio.jpg

11142334-f studio.jpg

11142446-f studio.jpg

A tricolored heron checking to make sure the water is level. He gave it two wings up.
11142311-f studio.jpg

Nice set but the last shot is spectacular.

Where were you shooting from? I canoed there once, hoping to get back sometime with the kayaks.

I too like that last one.

that's a big boy. hope he's not hungry. the last of the gator shots is my favorite, the blue sky reflection makes it.

love the last shot, though i have to wonder if the bubble is from an underwater fart.

Nice set but the last one for me.....

Thank you, glad you liked it.

No chance.

chicken.jpg

Nice set but the last shot is spectacular.

Thank you.

Where were you shooting from? I canoed there once, hoping to get back sometime with the kayaks.

I too like that last one.
Thank you. West of the parking lot that's north of the store (the store next to the boat tour). You go about 100 yards west of that north parking lot and you'll see a wooden structure over the water, it's a weir. Next to it is a small dam. I was right there facing west toward the other side of the weir. That's where all the gators hang out. There is also the "Deep Hole" on the south side of Hwy 72/south side of the park. From pictures I've seen there are lots more gators there.

that's a big boy. hope he's not hungry. the last of the gator shots is my favorite, the blue sky reflection makes it.

love the last shot, though i have to wonder if the bubble is from an underwater fart.

Thank you very much, glad you liked it. He was dunking his head under water to catch fish and that's how he created that bubble but don't let facts ruin your fun. ;)

Last edited:
Even though the bird is facing the wrong way in number 3 ( which is beyond ones control in wildlife photography) , it still strikes me as a real nice image.
The exposure is dead nuts, The color is right, and the sharpness is shave ready and dead center or slightly off dead center works. I like it.

There isn't a bird in No 3;)

These are great shots. Especially like #3 & #4. #2 you have the gators there to start the proceedings and what looks like vultures to clean up the left overs! lol

Even though the bird is facing the wrong way in number 3 ( which is beyond ones control in wildlife photography) , it still strikes me as a real nice image.
The exposure is dead nuts, The color is right, and the sharpness is shave ready and dead center or slightly off dead center works. I like it.

Thank you very much, LS, I appreciate the nice comments. Have a great day!

There isn't a bird in No 3;)

THAT DOES IT!! Fifty lashes for imperfection! :newangel:

These are great shots. Especially like #3 & #4. #2 you have the gators there to start the proceedings and what looks like vultures to clean up the left overs! lol

Thank you very much. Scary to think I may get out on the same water in my kayak some day just for some close-up shots. I can see my headstone now, "Here lies K9Kirk ... Brave photographer ... Stupid man ... Rest in peace ya big dummy!"

Most reactions

Back