Please C&C

bremner53

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am just not happy with my photos lately. I know I am still learning, and it can be a long process, but I just find them boring, nothing pops out.... I don't know why, is it the composition, or the editing, or just..... I don't know. Please C&C!!!

IMG_9802-2.jpg

IMG_9551.jpg

IMG_9500-1.jpg

IMG_9787.jpg

IMG_9772.jpg

IMG_9741.jpg

Please C&C

I think the compositions are very good, the first 4 are beautiful. Some post editing to make them 'pop' is all you need.

I am not a huge photoshop wiz, I am learning that as I go as well.

These were all shot in RAW, so the basic editing was done. I up'd the vibrancy in all of them, sharpened them a little bit, and up'd the temperature in some..... That is about it.

What would you suggest, saturation? and ? I'm going to watch some tutorials on youtube tonight, etc, see if I can learn some post editing stuff.

They do seem a bit flat. Have you dont post processing? Just a simple levels adjustment and slight saturation would make them pop

1- like the image, nice composition. Levels/curves/saturation...basic edits to make it pop as she looks a bit grey

2- way too tilty for my taste

3- cute picture. a bit too much white that draws my eye, but thats just me being picky. was your back to the sun? they seem to be squinty

4- nicely done. I'm maybe crop down a bit to get the top of the frame clean of those tree trunks, but overall, the colour is nice, they pop (mainly due to the flash)

5- you were shooting in the shade with some bright spots in the back making the image a bit dark. Maybe a closer crop on them? Shallower DOF would of been nice if possible. But I think its the shady shooting that is making them a bit flat. Add more fill light

6- need a bit of fill light here to up the exposure. Just a tad. Not liking the tree growing out of her head

What would you suggest, saturation? and ? I'm going to watch some tutorials on youtube tonight, etc, see if I can learn some post editing stuff.

If you are new, learn about curves and levels, amazing tools that every photographer should know and master

Your pictures are lovely you just need to stop asking them to smile and get them to react for real. You cant fake expression so you need to have some fun with your subjects and get them to think about what your doing not what your camera is doing. Its all in the eyes, thats what makes or brakes a portrait.

Your first three are actually very nice, great job! I feel like there could have been more more done with your lighting and composition however in the last of the bunch.

In 2 the white balance seems to be off, in 4 the flash missed half that girls face. But other than that these are really good. Dont be so hard on yourself. lol

If you are new, learn about curves and levels, amazing tools that every photographer should know and master

Thanks, I do know how they work.... Most of these had the darks pulled down in the curve, but that is about it.... I usually want to bring the highlights out a bit, but I tend to overexpose stuff, and get blown out areas, so I am trying to stop that, hahaha.....

I will play with them tonight and post another version for C&C.

Thank you everyone.

In 2 the white balance seems to be off, in 4 the flash missed half that girls face. But other than that these are really good. Dont be so hard on yourself. lol

Okay, I did notice the flash didn't get her whole face, but when I moved the flash over I could see it in her glasses.... How do you prevent that? everywhere I stood it showed up

Maybe use a diffuser. Too bad you cant bounce outside lol.

Is this better? Or too much? I need to get my monitor calibrated because I notice a big difference from my home computer to my work one.

IMG_9802-3.jpg

IMG_9551-1.jpg

IMG_9500-2.jpg

IMG_9787-1.jpg

i like the first one. it is a cute picture. the only thing i would suggest is if you were to keep the eyes more towards the top 1/3 of the photo. they look more towards the center on this one. otherwise great shot. the others don't seem to really do anything for me.

love the 1st and 3rd picture. it seems the snow is blowing out the whites in the pictures, try dialing in some exposure or contrast to counter all that white!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back