sm4him

In memoriam
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
sm4him.500px.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
On Saturday, it was 72 degrees F here. By Sunday night, it was 36. And raining. And raining. And raining. By today, we'd had over 9 inches of rain, all the nice COLD "almost enough to freeze" kind of rain. And I'm a Southerner--I *HATE* the cold. I especially hate cold AND wet.

Then this morning, I left for work only to discover I had no power steering. Had to take care of that little problem, got grease all over myself, and got soaking wet. And cold. Did I mention it's cold??

The rain finally stopped around 1 p.m.--because it turned to snow. Three inches so far; that doesn't sound like much to you hardy northerners, but around here it brings things to a standstill. Especially so because the heavy rains meant that crews couldn't pre-treat the roads, so they became a giant slushy ice-skating rink very quickly.

I work for public transit. I do our website and all our social media stuff. That means a snow event puts me into double-time as I try to contact the media, update our website, tweet, change FB statuses, and answer everyone's questions on FB, Twitter and email about the route they're waiting on. About the time I get through everything, our status changes and I have to start all over again. I've been on one of those sites nonstop since 2:30 this afternoon, and I'll likely be monitoring them (as well as our dispatch radio) until about 11:30 tonight. THEN it'll all start again at 4:30 tomorrow morning.

It took me 45 minutes to get home; it normally takes about six. I got stuck twice trying to get up the final hills on my road.

I finally got home--ran inside, made some quick updates to Twitter and FB, then tried to run outside and grab a couple of pictures before it was completely dark. MY D7000 WOULDN'T FOCUS!!!! It had worked fine an hour earlier, but now, NOTHING!! Frustrated, I gave up and came back in (yeah, I could have manually focus, but by then I was in a truly pissy mood). I typed a long rant about it, even mentioning that I'd checked to be sure it hadn't gotten switched to manual focus, when I realized: No. I hadn't. I'd checked the LENS to be sure it was on AF, but not the CAMERA. Sure enough, I'd somehow bumped the switch from AF to M. :blushing: Oops!! At least THAT part ended well.

I was already in a really BAD mood from all the rain, and NO sunshine. Now I'm in a REALLY bad mood...and there is nobody here to cheer me up. So does anyone want to give me a virtual pat on the shoulder? Or maybe FTP me some Jameson's?? :D

I do have half a bottle of rum, so I guess all is not lost. Except I probably shouldn't really drink it while I'm try to tweet and FB and all that cr*p.

I smoked a $3,000 motor today.

Feel better now?

The sun is only a few hours away. It was clearing here when the sun went down so it should finally be relatively clear tomorrow.

drunk tweets are the best...right up there with drunk video chatting.

It's tempting...perhaps ONE drink won't hurt... :D

I smoked a $3,000 motor today.

Feel better now?

That doesn't make me feel any better, it just totally bums me out FOR YOU. Wow, THAT *really* stinks!!

The sun is only a few hours away. It was clearing here when the sun went down so it should finally be relatively clear tomorrow.

Now, THAT cheers me up! I *desperately* need to see a little sunshine if I'm gonna make it until February.

My son just threw up on my wife's phone, shirt, his pjs and all over the bathroom.

This will either help or make you want to kill yourself. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Now, THAT cheers me up! I *desperately* need to see a little sunshine if I'm gonna make it until February.
Tell me about it! The gray sloppy wet is what I hate worst about winter here. I can handle cold and snow, but I get so tired of gray. I to need to see the sun from time to time.

Sharon....you ain't see nothing yet....

look at this id'jot in the icy west hills of Portland a couple winters ago...this clip made the rounds here...went all over the west coast! This clip is from Seattle's NBC affiliate, King-5.

Last edited by a moderator:
How can this not make you smile...
IMG_1693.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back