Please Critique Fashion Headshot

Applefanboy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Please critique harshly.

3727260911_f5c071c514.jpg

though diagonally placed, the face is going too much to our left. why to cut the head fur. next in comparison the hands, the head shd have been more below....photo looks slight overexposed....however expressions are good ...a good shoot.

Thanks! Anyone else?

Gopal said what I was thinking, but the first thing that got me was the Overexposure. Great detail on the coat and why the yellow tint? just wondering

This is a nit pick but next time have the model take her rings off. No one in fashion accessorizes with an engagement ring.

As for the image overall it does seem a bit over exposed, but not too bad, one thing I am left wondering are you selling the model or the jacket. I ask this because Fashion photography is about selling something but I am not sure what that is here. The jacket seems more like an accessory and the face seems more like the main focus.

Thanks for the honest critique everyone. I'll post a re-edit soon.

platano, I felt that in b&w the image lost the warm feel I wanted, and it really popped when I added a bit of yellow.

SpeedTrap, thanks for the advice about the rings. I was originally trying to focus on the jacket, but I think the image turned out with a stronger emphasis on the face.

My first inclination was also overexposure. However i will say that I have no problems with it in this picture. I also think the rings work.......Without them I feel the picture would have lost texture.

I think the rings are fine, however, it wouldnt be 'distracting' as such if tehre was a defined subject easily seen.

Just my two cents worth. I really like the picture.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back