Please discuss...I'd like to hear from you

46654540-L.jpg

Gary, those are great shots. I especially like the one with the butterfly on the girl's hand - very unique.

The depth of feild in your second shot is amazing!

Thanks... it's actually a moth - a luna moth... they are huge around here... wingspan is up to 6 inches.

That's very huge indeed! And it is green in colour, very hard to spot one I bet. Thanks for sharing.

Seefutlung: Your second shot has a good control of DOF, a butterfly in a sea of red is so special--most of the shots I have seen are in green surrounding, yours is just outstanding given this difference. ;)

i think your post is less about butterflies and more about photography in general. I do share your same feelings that its difficult to make pictures "yours". I am part of a car forum as well and members who have been on the board for a while can easily identify my car amongst the many that look like it. It just comes down to there are many people with equal amounts of talent i guess...but you could always just go with a watermark on your photo's :greenpbl:

Ar well, doesn't matter actually. The question I have was about the essence of style, but the butterflies and moth shots shared here are all impressive, unique and are treats to my eyes. :D

To add watermark... I heard that people master in PS would know how to remove them and claim the shots theirs.:evil:

So I am thinking about style or the like, as gizmo2071 said:

I don't think there is alot more you can do unless you try and throw in your own styles.

I love your use of DOF here. This is quite superb! This thread started because of drab and boring butterfly shots, but everything posted here has been unique and refreshing. These kind of shots really make me enjoy appreciate photography and encourage me to further hone my skills.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back