Please give feedback :)

among_the_living

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This is one of my first photos, i am only using a fujifilm finepix A205s camera so i think this is pretty good for a camera like that (in my personal opinion it isnt too good)

102663968_2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/razorbladekisses6/102663968_2.jpg

i also agree you're on to something. pay a bit more attention to the exposure across the bridge of the nose and under eye area.

nice work!

Thanks for those replies, it was a very lucky shot, one of the first i ever took withthe camera, i was sat and just taking random pictures just experimenting and that came out in one of them, i cant really do much with the actual camera when taking the pic as its a finepix A205s which isnt a very good camera IMO but i wen into photoshop to try and soften it up...because the light seems a bit strong and this came out...with a little more editing

102663968_l.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/razorbladekisses6/102663968_l.jpg

overall the picture was alot softer and not as bright then ofcourse its just experimenting with photoshop

Origional3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/razorbladekisses6/Origional3.jpg

Origional2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/razorbladekisses6/Origional2.jpg

Origional.jpg

- tried to make it look as if it was painted or drawn...i dont like this for some reason though

Then ofcourse i can put it into other pictures such as this

heartagram2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/razorbladekisses6/heartagram2.jpg

I am going to see if i can get the same effect again, but in a controlled environment this time so i know exactly how to do it then i can adapt this consept to other objects or people or animals, i guess first off i should get a better camera....if only i had the money lol...i am currently trying to get people to part exchange a decent camera for my sony ericssonp910i phone and 20gig ipod, which would be worth over £200 on ebay...but currently there have been no takers...so i guess im stuck with my A205s for now :( lol

Heya, welcome to ThePhotoForum, Among_the_Living :). Here you are among the living... you really are, as you will find out :D.

As I can tell from the links, you are hosting your pics with Photobucket.
That should enable you to link them DIRECTLY to here so we can see you pics right in this very thread! That would make looking at them so much easier for most who don't have all that time to click on links... shall I edit your posts accordingly and make your photos show up here?

LaFoto said:
Heya, welcome to ThePhotoForum, Among_the_Living :). Here you are among the living... you really are, as you will find out :D.

As I can tell from the links, you are hosting your pics with Photobucket.
That should enable you to link them DIRECTLY to here so we can see you pics right in this very thread! That would make looking at them so much easier for most who don't have all that time to click on links... shall I edit your posts accordingly and make your photos show up here?

Yes please do.

OK, done for you :D
It would have been a pity if only few would really look at what you did to this wonderful photo!
Next time you link photos from Photobucket to here, go to the last of the three lines underneath the picture, the line in which the URL is already wrapped into the [ IMG] tags [/ img] (those go without the spaces, of course). If you copy and paste THAT into your thread, the photo will be linked directly. :)

I think the black and white version has come out best, also exposurewise. Where there are some hotspots in the original version, they are gone in that one. Good for the pic!

I like this picture. the light is very pleasant, and the so dark bottom, also I like. Greetings from Spain.

Me gusta este retrato. la luz es muy agradable, y el fondo tan oscuro, tambien me gusta. Saludos desde España.

Hiya, good stuff but I'd be tempted to ditch the PS versions and stick with a selective crop on the original. I reckon there's a bit too much black background for the single portrait.

I would think a couple of touches of dodging and burning areas might correct the halo on the hat and slightly darken the main face area.

I generally don't like soft images and I like it sharp.

lmk if I've not been clear or you want me to edit and post you what I was thinking.

Rob

Cool shot. I kinda dig the lighting on this. Welcome to the forum !!!

Thanks for all your feedback, its very much apreciated a sim VERY new to all this, this is infact one of my very first shots taken so im glad to be getting some opinions on it.

Keep em coming :)

Also, any suggestions of how i could improve the origional, or the b&w version are welcome.

Chiller said:
Cool shot. I kinda dig the lighting on this. Welcome to the forum !!!

Thanks....one annoying thing is i completely forgot how i got this shot, and the camera is being completely uncooperative lately so i cant seem to get the same style again, HOPEFULLY i will figure it out.

If you have any ideas on how this could have been achieved please let me know.
lol.gif

Most reactions

New Topics

Back