Keep shooting.
Although I don't think much of those images you are at least trying to see things differently. And that is a very good start. If you want to be an artist anyway
By the way, I am both an artist and, as of tomorrow, a commercial photog again. Those are two very different things and although I prefer the arts, commercial work pays the bills. But, to each his/her own.
Let me explain why I don't think much of those particular images:
#1 I don't like many images of our flag (yes I'm american) as they remind me of a certain brand of mindless patriotism but I do like how you composed the image. Without the flag and with the top of the fall at the 1/3 mark, it would have been much better.
Your second version of the image is not any better imho. Somewhere in between the two would be better, I think.
#2 Take out the feather, make sure the thing the feather is sitting on is all in focus, and I think you would have a very nice photo. I don't know what the feather means to you but I don't get it. I would get the image I'm talking about but, then again, I'm weird, lol.
#3 I get what you were trying to do and I like it. But the "weeds" up front are not the most interesting and, so, the photo is not either.
As I said, keep shooting, keep looking at things differently, and you will come up with good, interesting shots eventually.
And realize there are few artsy people on forums. Forums are good for technical problems but not for so much for the vision thing.
Cheers