Please help about selection of Vid Cam for business

glenhaz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am in the haz mat response business and we do a specialized service for tanker trailer trucks and other large flammable (fuel-gas-acids) free liquids that are being released by a compromise to the tank or they need to be off-loaded at the scene of a crash or other emergency. I need 2 video cameras that are waterproof to be worn by my personnel on scene or tripod filming of these events. Mostly for documentation as well as live streaming to an off-site expert when and if additional directions and comments are needed to guide us or assist us with procedures, which is frequently.
I do not know about video cameras and thought I would post this. I researched the GoPro5 and seems I can interface with live streaming (?) and other similar things. Unless I misread the specs and reviews? The price I have on Amazon is about $500 each with accessories, head and chest mounts, tripods, extra batteries and chargers, etc.
Can anyone comment if this is the best all-around waterproof outdoor video for the money, say $500 range with the primary purposes to let someone see, live streaming, what we are doing and when directions are needed?? Thanks, hope to get some comments.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back