Please help D90 question

kevncol

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I had my camera at my PreK and a Canon person took it to take photos which I was fine with, but now when I try to put my ISO up higher (it will on go to 30 on M) it says "bulb" and will not adjust any higher. I have a Ken Rockwell book and went through the settings and still cannot change it. Please help me I am so frustrated.

Sounds like you changing your shutter speed, not the ISO.

Ok how would I get rid of the "bulb" message on the top? It is when I turn the back button.

Ok how would I get rid of the "bulb" message on the top? It is when I turn the back button.

What mode are you in? (Auto, P, S, A or M)

yup your adjusting the shutter speed. when you change the ISO are you holding in the ISO button on the left side of the display while you turn the main command dial?

I am M but it won't do anything in P A or S. No not holding any button just turn knob on back upper right.

In manual mode to change iso hold down the button second from the bottom left of the picture preview display on back of camera. It's the second one up from the bottom. While holding that turn the back Command wheel while looking at the top lcd in bottom right corner to see iso change.

All modes are not created equal and Command Wheels serve different functions depending on camera mode.
And take another stab at the manual. Or Ken Rockwells online D90 guide. Don't overwhelm but digest in mouth size bites on a regular basis.

Thank you! But on the top display right next to Fstop # it says bulb, any chance in getting it to go away. I feel like it has something to do with a lloonng exposure.

Turn the back command wheel only many times to the right to get back into your regular shutter speeds. As bulb is the lowest shutter speed setting. The front command wheel will change your aperture.

Again you need to read your manual and become informed on how your camera works and what the controls are and how they are used to change most used settings.

Thank you! But on the top display right next to Fstop # it says bulb, any chance in getting it to go away. I feel like it has something to do with a lloonng exposure.
That is not the f-stop number, it is the shutter speed. It most assuredly has something to do with a long exposure, since in bulb the shutter will stay open as long as you hold the shutter release down. That's what "Bulb" does.

As has been said, in Manual mode ("M") rotate the REAR control wheel and it will go away and change to a faster shutter speed.

To reiterate what orb9220 said, you really need to read through the owner's manual. This is explained on page 85 of the manual.

Thank you all for your help and patience (lol) to fix the problem, I do appreciate the help. Since I had no ideas what happened it was very frustrating and I have read the manual and reread and even reread. Any way thanks again.

Most reactions

Back