please help Daisy??

woodsac said:
Ask them for the name of the website. Under construction or not, it has to be registered. You could look for availability of the domain name at godaddy.com?

There are just too many little things here that don't *feel* right? Terrible grammar. No contact other than a phone #?
Anybody in London want to check out the phone #?

they will have trouble getting the domain ghostinc.com and .net cos they're already gone, to a rather scary site :confused:

MommyOf4Boys said:
Just to let you know, this is an overseas money order scam. I almost fell for it once, but did some research and did a 180 on them by messing with their heads and allowing them to send me the money order, then turning it over to the FBI who has been tracking these people for a long time. They mostly use yahoo email addresses and are run by many many people overseas and also change their email address and IP address nonstop. What they do is send you a money order for more than what your item is worth (In my instance, I was selling a horse) and then want you to "Western Union" the remainder to their broker, "horse hauler", etc. within a few hours so that you do not have time for your bank to find out it is a bogus money order, etc. Never ever ever fall for this Scam!! You will be sending them your own hard earned money as well as being negative their bonus payment!!!

Wow, this is too much.. Thanks a ton for all your help.

This type of scam seems to be turning up in many forms.

The ones I usually hear about are aimed at wedding photographers (read about it on p net.) The common thread is that they send you too much money and want you to forward or return the remainder.

Cheques or money orders are fraudulent, although sometimes they initially get cleared by some banks. If the scam works, you would have already sent your money away by the time your bank cancels it.

HI EVERYONE JUST WANT TO LET YOU KNOW THAT THIS CRIMINAL'S ARE ACTIVE AGAIN!!

They contacted me on my facebook

this is the message they sended to me:

hi,
i represent a beautylinks modelling company in London and we have
selected your portfolio for a Coca-Cola billboard advertisement at
Heathrow Airport. all we need is your approval to enable us process your
payment, no commission, no overhead costs.
you just get payed for your
pictures right away. email your replies to [email protected]

Helen Coker.
Financier:beautylinks london.
61 Moscow Road,
London W2 4JS
------------------------------------------------------------------
First I replied with: NO WAY!

Then I was thinking about it so I asked for some more information:

Hi,

Why me and what kind of a advertisement is it?
I know its for coca cola but in what for setting/theme?
Srry for my first reply on facebook stating: no way, but mostly I don't trust such things.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Then She reply'd with:

Hi,

We quite appreciate your swift response concerning the modelling contract. Your picture has been accepted by the agency, "Beauty Links'" as one of the preferred pictures for the Coca-Cola billboard advert @ Heathrow airport, London. We don't discriminate sizes or shapes of individual models, we just acknowledge gorgeous pictures and use it for commercials. The financier will despatch payment to you by courier service.

You will receive a cheque (btw $4,000 and $6,000) as payment for the billboard contract. You'll also be sent an agreement Form M20 via email. When you receive payment you will take out the 20% of the total sum for your gorgeous pictures that is being used, after which you proceed to sending the balance over to your appointed agent via western union money transfer for Legal Documentation of the deal. This payment will also be used as "sign-up fee" with the agent. I'll be waiting your urgent response with the following information:

FULL NAME:

HOME ADDRESS:

PHONE:

Many thanks,

Helen.
--------------------------------------------------------------
This is almost similar to the reply they gave you a year ago.

Then I'd reply'd again with this:

Hi,

Wich picture do you mean?
One in my facebook?
And do I have to go to a photoshoot?
Could you explain this a bit better? : You will receive a cheque (btw $4,000 and $6,000) as payment for the billboard contract. You'll also be sent an agreement Form M20 via email. When you receive payment you will take out the 20% of the total sum for your gorgeous pictures that is being used, after which you proceed to sending the balance over to your appointed agent via western union money transfer for Legal Documentation of the deal. This payment will also be used as "sign-up fee" with the agent.

Like whats up with the sign-up fee, and if I would take the offer then its 20% of the 4000 or 6000$ I get payed?
(I'm not known with modeling and such things so that explains my questions, I hope you don't mind)

Greets,
---------------------------------------------------------------------
And now she reply'd with this:

Hi,
Yes its the picture on facebook,or now u dont need a photoshoot,when you send the details you will get payments for this week and you will keep 20% for your self and 80% will be sent to your appointed agent via WU for the sign up fee and legal documentation of the contract.then after which you will get the final payments when the billboard has been displayed.........you are to pls send the details ASAP!so payments will be dispatched immediately.Thanks.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

After this last mail from her I thought : weird that I don't have to go for a photoshoot, so I checked her facebook message again and I noticed that she removed her profile picture what I thought was weird, I knew from the day before I checked here profile she had 3 buddy's... now she had only 2.
BTW, I googled on that adress before and it was a model flying company(with those RC planes) but I searched on a different site and there was also a different company also on that same adress so I thought maybe its a big building with several company's in it. But then I entered a few key words in google : coca cola billboard heathrow thats how I found this topic on this forum (thank god for it).

And as you can see in one of the mails she reply'd to that daisy her name was helen to but a different surname.

Hi I have the same people e-mailing me on my facebook about models wanted for a billboard to display at heathrow airport!!!! All the mail contents and reply of Financier Ghost inc are absolutely the similar to the ones in here!!! What a joke! I'm glad I found this forum. Thanks!

Mail sent to my facebook inbox:

Hi
I represent a modelling company here in london and your picture as been selected for a billboard advertisment/and local advert here at heathrow airport.We dont descriminate sizes or shapes of individual models,we just acknowledge gorgeous pictures and use it for commercials.I model for ghost/inc london, all we need are good pictures of you and ull get payed , no commision , no overhead costs , you just get payed for your pictures now.
mail your pictures to steph_rushtonn@yahoo ­.com, you can call the admin officer for your payment on +447024060779
Mr Donald
Financier Ghost/inc london
25 Newman St
London W1T 1PN
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
My reply:

Hi there I got your advert (pasted below) via my facebook account. That's lovely but before anything else.... do you have a website that I can view? I'd like to know more about your organization. Just going through the usual protocols if you don't mind since I live outside the U.K. Looking forward to hear from you.

Regards,

Tania
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Another e-mail:

We quite appreciate your swift response concerning the modelling contract.Our web-site is currently under construction.Your pictures has been accepted by the Agency Ghost Inc.We dont descriminate sizes or shapes of individual models,we just acknowledge gorgeous pictures and use it for commercials.The Financier will airmail payment to you by UPS courier service.Our financial office is based in Baltimore,MD.
You will receive a check as paymet for the contract..You will take out the 25% for your gorgeous pictures and proceed to sending the balance over to your appointed Agent via western union Tranfer for Legal Documentation of the deal and "Comp card".This payment will also be used as "Sign up fee" with the agent.I will be awaiting your urgent response with the following information:
FULL NAME:
ADDRESS:
PHONE:
For futher information you can contact:
Financier (Mr Donald perker)
Office +44707679800..Feel free to call him at any time.
my phone number:447024060779
N*B
We are still awaiting to receive Four picture of you.The photos required is basically for a Coca-cola advertisment bill board at Heathrow airport here in london..Let us know your decision ASAP..

(This is the point where I decided to research more about this company. I WOULD never send my pics or agree to anything without being certain that its genuine! Then I found this forum. It surely cleared my curiousity!)

hi, i have the same problem.i have a profile at facebook.com and i come from germany.i have get the same first email as flyboy.i was happy about this and thought i was serious.so i have write back at helen coker and now we are at the payment and she said i should write her financier for the payment...but then i have doubts and looking for rhe company in in the internet and finding this page.is it all a lie???
please help me what i should do now!

sorry for my englisch!greats sophie :)

The pinheads never give up. I get like 2 a week, and usually reply with some very colorful words and not the usual f-u ones-LOL

i dont understand how you do that?...because i lost nothing,or?...if i have the cheque i can convert in the bank and so i have the money.
how do you an advantage?
i dont understand this and i hope you can help me with this problem and explain me.
thanks sophie :)

Hello me again!it will be more confused!!! so helen coker send me the cheque, today.and now i dont know what i do now?!so please help me! should i send the cheque back or what?i think this is a scam now and i'm taken in.greets

Destroy the check, or turn it over to the authorities

Hi Sophie,

Dont use the cheque...it is a fraud cheque!!! As soon as you have forwarded it to your bank it will be bouncing back and you will have a big problem in your account. So that means dont send any money to this agent!!! I have had the same problem and still have. If you wanna know more, just ask me. I am from Germany too..Take care Sidhai

A little commonly unknown fact and something the bank will never tell you.. untill it's too late of course.

I got an email like two years ago and it was a total scam. Anyways, long story short. They sent me a $5000.00 cheque. I took it too the bank and started a new bank account so that if anything happened it would not affect my current accounts.
It was a visa cheque. The bank would've let it clear after like 10 days and I would've been $5000 richer... for the time being.

It actually takes a cheque up to 30 days or longer to FULLY CLEAR. Meaning you've cashed it. spent it. and now owe it back to the bank!!!!!!

I only accept cheques from people I know now and I walk into THEIR bank and get it cash straight from their account (if they have the funds of course.... if they dont.. it would've bounced in my bank account) and then deposit it into my own account and my own bank.

Never ever trust anything in an email saying they will pay you. If money was that easy to make we'd all be doing it instead of having a 9-5 job.

Well, Daisy, it's very easy to undersatnd when you will read what I received too: Someone or a group try to abuse of us, I don't know how, but anyway, the idea of using Western Union Transfer is already a good sign to be aware of any kind of transaction; I give you my received mail: (note: I never send foto of myself and no foto is to be seen elsewhere on the net)

Hi Jieff,
We quite appreciate your swift response concerning the modelling contract.Our web-site is currently undergoing Upgrade.Your picture has been accepted by the Agency,'Ghost Incorporated'as one of the preferred picture for the billboard advert.We dont descriminate sizes or shapes of individual or models,we just acknowledge gorgeous pictures and use it for commercials.The Financier will airmail payment to you via Royal mail courier service.through our financier’s office in USA.
You will receive a check as payment for the Billboard contract.The contract value is 15,000Euros and you would receive this in 2 seperate instalments.
You will also be sent an agreement Form M20 via email after the first payment is finalised.When you receive payment you will take out the 15% of the total sum for your gorgeous pictures that is being used, after which you proceed to sending the balance over to your appointed Agent via western union money Tranfer for Legal Documentation of the deal.This payment will also be used as "Sign up fee" with the agent.Please note that this will be your first instalment.You will be paid the full balance of the funds after the Legal documentation of the contract has been confirmed by our agent.I will be awaiting your urgent response with the following information:

FULL NAME:

HOME ADDRESS:

PHONE:

Please send this details to [email protected]
As soon as your information is received,the financier will contact you and further instructions will be given. The photos required is basically for a Coca-cola advertisment billboard at
Connolly Station London .. We have selected the image on penpals/faceparty/ facebook profile page.Its the most prefered picture in our portfolio.

Many thanks,
R.B

I think it is a good bet that when someone feels it necesarry to say "this is not a scam" or as they said "this is definately for real" you can bet it is a scam.

Most reactions

Back