PLEASE HELP! DOTS ON PICTURES!

kungnesta

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi folks!

I am a swedish journalist and I have a problem that I need instant help with.
My Canon Ixus 100 suddenly takes pictures with two dark dots on them. I don't know how it has happened but I think that the dots is caused by something (dust) that has come in to the camera sensor or mirror or... well, Im not sure. The dots appear more obvious if I zoom in. (see the attached picture).

I can see the dots on the screen which is a fact (at least I have heard so) that speaks against that the is dust on the sensor.

Anyway - DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THIS IS AND HOW TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM? CAN I DO IT MYSELF OR DO I HAVE TO SEND THE CAMERA IN TO A PROFESSIONAL?

PLEASE HELP - the small Canon-camera is my favourite. The warranty has run out so if I have to pay the price for fixing this problem myself, I am afraid it might be cheaper (???) to by a brand new one...

Kind regards and many thanks in advance

Kostas :(

How about the clone tool and a couple of clicks???

If there had been only one dot, yes... but now two and a half...

What attached pictures?

Do the dots stay the same, both in size and density, or do they change by the focal length of the lens? It is always the same lens used?

It the dot stays the same no matter what, it's dust on the image sensor.... check your manual for how to clean it or take it to a repair shop if you're queasy about it. If it changes, it's in/on the lens, you should start looking there.

index.php
Sorry, this is the picture.
It does change by the focal length of the lense. (same lense, it's a compact camera).

I have tried to clean the lens, but no improvement, actually one more dot appeared after doing that.... :)

...in to the camera sensor or mirror or..

Do compacts have mirrors?

Anyways... the two dark spots? Are they dark transparent, or like pixels of total black? I don't know if you have tried to include pictures in your posts, but if so they don't show! I had a couple of small spots on one of my IXUS, that went away after using some lens cleaner on a soft cloth to clean the head of the lens. I don't know if the spots was dust or water or something else, but the spots appeared both on the screen (as it sees through the lens *doh*) and on the pictures. They were small, partly transparent, black spots with soft edges.

Even though your images won't post, it sounds like you've got dust or some other debris on the back of the lens inside the camera.

"instant help", the all capital letters (shouting), no camera type listed, no examples posted = drama queen. :er:

Most reactions

Back