Please Help! Memory Card Corrupt Can't Get Photos Off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lumpmister

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey All,

So I had just gotten back from a good day of shooting my friend (professional surfer), I had put the memory card into the computer. Just as it open something happens with the computer and it dies (this has happened like twice and I have had the computer for 4 years now). Anyways now I have 1000+ raw photos on that card and I don't know how to get them off. I tried to get some programs from the internet but they can't extract the .nef files that Nikon attaches to their raw images. If anyone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated as this has never happened to me before.

Thanks,

Daniel

several of the card mfgs. deliver software to recover files from their cards.
what mfg made your card?

Hey All,

So I had just gotten back from a good day of shooting my friend (professional surfer), I had put the memory card into the computer. Just as it open something happens with the computer and it dies (this has happened like twice and I have had the computer for 4 years now). Anyways now I have 1000+ raw photos on that card and I don't know how to get them off. I tried to get some programs from the internet but they can't extract the .nef files that Nikon attaches to their raw images. If anyone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated as this has never happened to me before.

Thanks,

Daniel
that sucks!

As The_Traveler mentioned, start with your card maker.

Situations like this is why I don't use memory cards bigger than 4GB. Sure I have to swap cards more often, and I have more cards to manage, but I'll never lose 1000+ RAW files off of 1 memory card either.

I hope you are able to recover most, if not all of the data files.

I got them all of using the program I found last night. It got them off as tiff files but now I can change them back to .nef files. Crisis averted :hug::

To recover your lost photos from memory card, here is the Top 6 Free Photo Recovery Software that may help.

If they are all quite important to you. I'd like suggest you to try some professional photo recovery programs because free software may be not so good at recovering all them back. I think Wondershare Photo Recovery is a nice choose. With deep scanning, it can recover photos that cannot be recovered even found by other recovery tools to get overall quality and deep recovery with intelligence.

Note: don't save new files especially sizeable ones to the disk in case your original pictures are overwritten
Good luck and best wishes!

sandisk data recovery pro is pretty good.

I swear every file recovery outfit out there manages to find a thread like this (can't get images off memory card), and register just so they can plug their services. I, for one, will refuse to use ANY of their services just because of their blatant disregard for the forum rules.

As The_Traveler mentioned, start with your card maker.

Situations like this is why I don't use memory cards bigger than 4GB. Sure I have to swap cards more often, and I have more cards to manage, but I'll never lose 1000+ RAW files off of 1 memory card either.

I hope you are able to recover most, if not all of the data files.

:thumbup::thumbup: :thumbup::thumbup: :thumbup::thumbup: :thumbup::thumbup: :thumbup::thumbup: Did I mention......:thumbup:.

Hey All,

Thanks,

Daniel

Sad, It happens that if the memory card is connected with the computer and if there is some kind of unusual thing happens to your computer that leads to system shutdown, restart etc then it can easily affect on the computer memory. Since SD cards have flash memory which can be easily damaged in such situation, its not unique that you are facing such a problem. Its solution is to use professional photo recovery software as per your operating system. The application should be capable of recover RAW photo formats like in your case the Nikon Nef raw image files. I recommend you to look for NEF Recovery software. i googled and found this : https://www.google.com/search?q=nef+recovery&ie=UTF-8

Most of these applications are free to use or comes as demo and later on you can purchase it.

Wish u luck,

Alexia.

i save my photos after every shoot. why would you want to keep 1000 raw files on your card instead of publishing them?

i save my photos after every shoot. why would you want to keep 1000 raw files on your card instead of publishing them?

Some people can easily put 1000 images on a card during a single shoot. When you're out in the boonies, lugging laptop around just isn't feasible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back