*Please Help* Trying to find famous photo for Christmas Gift

edrock200

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
First, please forgive me if this is the wrong forum for this sort of thing. I've been running google searches for hours without any success.

Many years ago a friend and I were at the Smithsonian in DC and they had a photo exhibit, it was either National Geographic or Time Life, I believe the former. One photo really stood out to her, and it was a "famous" photo. it was a group of girls, not sure how many, 5-10, standing behind a gate entrance of an all girls school, they were smiling and laughing. It's an older photo, if I had to guess 50's or 60's. The photo was in color but I'm not sure if it was colorized after the fact or originally in color.

If I recall I don't believe the school was in the states, but I could be wrong.

I realize this isn't much to go on but if anyone has any clue of what picture I'm talking about or could point me in the right direction, I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm trying to buy a print of this photo and have it framed for Christmas.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide!
-Ed

Perhaps the Smithsonian can help. If you can find out when you were there, they should have a record of who's work was on display.

I'm going to take a wild guess and say it was possibly a Norman Rockwell painting. Especially if it was in LOOK magazine. His artwork really captured the 'feel' of the 40s and 50s, especially the winter scenes, in my estimation.

Most reactions

Back