Please help with a critique

there's nothing there

Im really sorry, for some reason it wasnt working...I have fixed the problem and there are now Photos on that site.

I'll try to put my critique in the frame of your question.

Does it look like you know what you're doing? That's hard to say. I'd begin by asking how many frames you burned through to produce those images. We all go through a phase where we think we know what we're doing but we really don't. What I mean is that I think you generally have technique down, but i doubt that when push comes to shove you can really nail your shots just yet. The composition, exposure, etc, are decently good. As egregious as it is, there are a lot of self proclaimed photographers who are lacking in technique, and that's sad. But to play devil's advocate, you could probably teach a chimpanzee how to meter. Remember that the subjects of your photos and their composition aren't really techniques. The rule of thirds and all that crap will only get you so far. So to the question of whether it looks from those photos like you have talent, i would say no. But all is not lost. I think you need to concentrate on whether the things that you are photographing are legitimately interesting subject matter.

Since you want your whole site commented on (while Photo Critique - as can be seen in the guidelines which are stickied to the very top of Photo Critique - is for one particular photo only for which the poster asks for some specific critique, I shall move this thread over to the Photography Websites section, all right?

I disagree. Yeah it's not one specific photo, but this person is looking for actual critique, albeit general. The post wasn't saying "Hey, look at my new deviant site!" I understand the critique section rules, but I think this sort of post should be permissible.

Most reactions

Back