Website
www.sjrphoto.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ive been offered a Canon 28 - 70mm L f2.8 for £ 500

What do you think

Some fast ones please as I feel this will go

Steve:hail:

Do you mean the Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM? New or used? If used, in what condition? Could be a great deal...or a not-so-great deal. On this side of the pond, B&H offers that lens new for about £572. You be the judge.

Bear in mind that because of the way we in the UK are robbed blind, er I mean things are priced differently, a lens that sells in the US for $1,119.00 will never sell in the UK for £575 as a basic conversion suggests. Jessops sell the 24-70mm f/2.8L USM for £850, so if that lens is indeed available for £500 new or as new then it sounds like a good deal to me. If it wasn't a typo and you did mean 28-70mm, I'm not sure it's such a good deal.

Jessops! I could not, for the life of me, remember that name or I'd have done a quick price check there. Even though knew there'd be market differences over and above a simple currency conversion, I really didn't think it'd be quite that much. That stings.

It is the Canon EF 28 - 70 L USM, and I got it for £485-00

Will have it next week I hope

Lowest I saw one was for £695-00

£210 Saving on a MINT condition Boxed

Cant Wait!!!

Wasn't really sure if you meant the discontinued model or not. Couldn't say if that's a good deal in your market but I've read that it's a fine lens. Hope works well for you and look forward to seeing your shots with it.

Bear in mind that because of the way we in the UK are robbed blind, er I mean things are priced differently, a lens that sells in the US for $1,119.00 will never sell in the UK for £575 as a basic conversion suggests.

This is not limited to the UK ... not sure if it holds for Europe as a whole, but at least in Germany prices are comparable to UK prices ... which is 10-40% more than in the US ...

Its the discontinued version of the 24-70mm f2.8L. It is suppose to be a good lens.

There is an affluent camera shop here that has a mint one for $899 US dollars but keep in mind they tend to be priced high because of their clientel.

I will get the lens on Wednesday, and weather permitting I will get some shots and post them

Cheers

Steve

Most reactions

Back