Please pass on some feedback

TheBlueSparrow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Off to a great start...

I would appreciate any feedback on my photographic works below :)

yvuk7.jpg

Lara and Sam - Grandpa and Grandaughter - One of my first ever shots (Taken with my Sony DSLR a65)

SiLcd.jpg

Succulant Plant - My partner's Favorite.

I really do appreciate any feedback... No matter how harsh :)

Last edited:
Retouching other peoples photos and posting is illegal. You need to remove those

The first is a good moment, so props on the capture. I think it's a bit overexposed, maybe about a half or two thirds step. Capturing people is tough because our socially engineered brains are hypersensitive to faces. A good trick to have handy is to spot meter off the face. If they're in direct light then spot meter on the part of the face that is brightest. After that you usually have to go up a half step or more for light skinned people and a half step down for dark skinned (the camera wants to make the face a mid-tone). You have the added difficulty here of having two subjects with what would be two different exposures to get them right. You can see that grandad was just about right, but the girl is washed out. In this case, I'd probably go for proper exposure on the girl and then dodge grandad in post.

The first is a good moment, so props on the capture. I think it's a bit overexposed, maybe about a half or two thirds step. Capturing people is tough because our socially engineered brains are hypersensitive to faces. A good trick to have handy is to spot meter off the face. If they're in direct light then spot meter on the part of the face that is brightest. After that you usually have to go up a half step or more for light skinned people and a half step down for dark skinned (the camera wants to make the face a mid-tone). You have the added difficulty here of having two subjects with what would be two different exposures to get them right. You can see that grandad was just about right, but the girl is washed out. In this case, I'd probably go for proper exposure on the girl and then dodge grandad in post.

thanks soo much for the feedback!

I tried what you suggested... will have the adjusted image below let me know if it's any improvement

$Lara n same.jpg'

I feel like i may have pushed her too far? what do you think?

Most reactions

Back