What's new

Plowing ahead - C+C

jfrabat

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Apr 15, 2012
Messages
595
Reaction score
60
Location
Panama, Central America
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was on my way to the Irazu volcano here in Costa Rica, but the weather was really uncooperative (we did manage a couple of quick shots of the crater, but none came out great). But on the way there, we saw these guys working the field despite the intense fog, and I managed to get this shot, which I really like. And, by the way, before you comment that the horizon is not level, let me point out that it is in fact level, but the ground is sloping up...

$_DSC3235-A.webp
 
I like the idea... But I think the fog/haze is a bit strong. I think I'd like to see the subject matter a bit better.
 
Huge improvement! number 1 is better as you can make out the subject just that little but more

Just a simple crop, curves adjust and a Nat. Geo filter is all that was done with OP's original picture. Unfortunately, I don't know how to level out the horizon.
 
I did a cropping when I was editing, but I like the negative space there, so I left the originalmas it was. It gives the image a more mysterious look, I feel. But I do like your 1st option...

As for the horizon, as I mentioned above, it IS level; the farmer is going uphill...
 
I did a cropping when I was editing, but I like the negative space there, so I left the originalmas it was. It gives the image a more mysterious look, I feel. But I do like your 1st option...

As for the horizon, as I mentioned above, it IS level; the farmer is going uphill...

Ah, I misread that in your original post then. Sadly though, it doesn't change the fact that I don't know how to level horizons unfortunately, lol. I agree with you about the negative space. It does give a more atmospheric feeling to it, but Joshua is also correct about it needing zoom. So I went for a balance of the both by cropping out the darker part of the foreground and giving it a little more sky on top without cropping it too much (as you can see the difference with my 2 edits).
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom