Plunge

VJS

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Guess I'll intro myself here as well...

Hello all,

New to the site, liking it lots so far. Not a pro but not really amateur I guess. I market myself as landscape / wildlife but I do some family / kids / senior stuff average twice a month. Average anywhere from 4-10 print sales a week.

#1 11 x 16 1/2

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

#2 8 x 12

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I'm kind of diggin' the B&W one...I like that shot.

Thanks Derrel :) It's one of my recent personal faves.

I like the black and white one. The second one maybe if you had the camera a little higher above the yellow flowers they are really distracting from the rest of the photo

It's funny you mention that about #2 Morpheuss...

I had taken several in the area at different 'views'. This is the one the wife said looked the best, and she's not bad at picking out what people will like. This was one I questioned her on but, sure enough, I've sold 6 of this one ( so far ) since I put it up on my Flickr.

I think my advantage is that I'm really the only guy in town marketing myself as a landscape / wildlife shooter ; everyone else here does weddings / families / kids. I do have some big prints up in local business of friends / family and that generates 3-5 sales a week.

That's a good way to get your name / work out there too for anyone who's not doing a whole lot of sales. I have 4 prints per business I rotate monthly, so customers see more than just one shot.

Go to local restaurants - believe it or not even McDicks / Burger King - they love to show off local artists. Saves them from having to buy as it's free advertisement for you. Have some business cards at the host desk and one @ each image in the frame = works, trust me.

You won't sell anything right away, but all it takes is one customer to hear another customer asking about your work...

PS: GO BIG. Example: at the local bowling alley we have a 60 x 36 print right beside the lanes - you can't miss it. Sold well over 150+ prints ( from all my stuff, not just that shot ) in the last 2 years from the bowling alley alone. Use your local connections it'll pay off big time.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back