PNC Park | Must see

sscarmack

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I had the opportunity to walk out onto PNC Park thanks to my Grandparents.

My Grandma threw out the first pitch on Mothers Day and I was asked to join her and my grandpa to take some photos.

Talk about breath taking.

$13998757978_d7a5b11d2b_b.jpg

Last edited:
That's pretty cool; the photo, AND the first pitch thing. Why was she selected? Was it a contest of some sort, or is she a notable person in the community?

Her and my grandpa have been season ticket holders for a very long time, and they also have a condo down in Florida where the Pirates do spring training, so they are always going to games and just got to know the right people I guess. They asked if anyone in the family would be interested and since it was Mothers Day, it seemed very fitting.

Very nice shot. For me it is a bit too warm in colour temperature, but I really like your ultra wide angle approach. :thumbup:

Very nice shot. For me it is a bit too warm in colour temperature, but I really like your ultra wide angle approach. :thumbup:

Could the warmth just be your monitor? I don't think its too warm, considering the sun was just going down and it was the "Golden Hour". The clouds only looked like this for 5 minutes.

I got to talking with one of the photographers who was there taking photos and he said I could use his 24-70 (since all I had was my 70-200 on me) just to get this shot. Very nice guy!

That's pretty cool; the photo, AND the first pitch thing. Why was she selected? Was it a contest of some sort, or is she a notable person in the community?

Grandma has a mean slider.

We were laughing, because we told her to give the catcher the "shake off", she would of probably made espn if she did that hahaha.

For those who aren't into baseball, a shake off is when the pitcher shakes his head because he doesn't want to throw the pitch the catcher signals him too. So he shakes his head to get a different pitch.

Could the warmth just be your monitor?

I got to talking with one of the photographers who was there taking photos and he said I could use his 24-70 (since all I had was my 70-200 on me) just to get this shot. Very nice guy!
Could be my monitor. Maybe it's time for something new (and foremost bigger :lol:).
Yup, nice guy you met, seldom happens.

We were laughing, because we told her to give the catcher the "shake off", she would of probably made espn if she did that hahaha.

For those who aren't into baseball, a shake off is when the pitcher shakes his head because he doesn't want to throw the pitch the catcher signals him too. So he shakes his head to get a different pitch.

Now THAT would've been the MONEY shot, right there!! :lmao:

Here is a little collage I threw together for my Grandma, she loved it!

$20140511-083-Edit_zpsfc94dc8d.jpg

NICE collage for yuor grandmother!!! Love the sequence across the top, the pass, the ticket, the field!

Here's another PNC Park photo I took yesterday, didn't see the need in starting a new thread.

9 Photos stitched.

$14593963174_2780bf62cc_c.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back