PocketWizard Plus III Transceiver question

petto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I see that these can be used to turn zones on and off, which is great. However can they be used to adjust the flash output in manual mode like the AC3 controller can? I am looking for a simple transceiver set up that will also allow flash output adjustments. Currently I use the youngnu 622's which work great but you still have to go 3 layers in the camera menus in order to adjust the flash output (Canon)

I appreciate any feedback anyone might have, thank you.

Thank you,

What is a good option for the pocket wizard set up in order to control output without accessing camera menu?

You will need the TT5/AC3 system, along with compatible lights. This is a big reason for using a pack & head system vice monologihts; you only need one trigger set and all your controls are in one place!

I believe that Radio Popper also has a flash trigger set that allows you to control the output of your slave units. I don't know how easy it is though.

You must have the Mini TT1 and Flex TT5, plus the AC3 Zone Controller, to control flash output with PW. You could also use the Sekonic L-478 light meter to control output. And I believe, at least with Nikon, you can use the flash exposure compensation controls on the camera to control output, but that's limited to one group. You can't use the built-in commander. You can also use the Nikon external commander unit with the Mini TT1. The AC3 opens it up to three groups of unlimited flashes and offers manual and TTL control. Joel Nisleit Photography | PocketWizard MiniTT1 and FlexTT5 Review (Nikon D200, CLS)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back