POLARIZER

APHPHOTO

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've been looking at a polarizer for my lee filter kit and cant figure out how it works on the mount.
Do they come round so you can rotate to get the polarization? Please fill me in on how they work.

Yes, a circular polarizer will have the glass in a ring that rotates in the mount ring, letting you get the polarity right even if your lens rotates it's front element/filter mount during focusing.

I use this on my 50mm.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I realize how a polarizer works I also use them on my 67mm lense. What my post said was how do they worked in the Lee filter kit.

Are they still round or are they 4x4, 4x5 etc...?

They are round, with a notched/serated ring which will slide into a slot in the holder. The notches are large enough to prevent the filter from rotating unexpectedly, but small enough so that you can rotate them easily with your finger-tip.

Lee actually has both types - square and round. You can check each of them out on this page: Circular and Linear Polarisers from LEE Filters - scroll down to the bottom and watch the short video. I have the circular one that fits into the ring on their holder and it works quite well. HTH.

WesternGuy

Last edited:
Linear polarizing filters are not usually compatible with DSLR auto focus and metering systems.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back