Polaroid, anyone?

sincere

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am looking into buying me a Polaroid instant camera and i dont really know what to look into. Any suggestions?

What would you like to use the Polaroid for?

For regular snapshots, any of the 600 series cameras would probably suit you well. They're such fun.

The 600 series i have seen looked pretty boring..is there a different format, like a smaller or different shape format?

What is your budget? Would a 4x5 Polaroid system interest you? I use a converted Polaroid 110B with a 545 Polaroid back. The 545 fits almost any 4x5 camera.

Best,
Helen

I am looking into buying me a Polaroid instant camera and i dont really know what to look into. Any suggestions?

What do you want to do with it? That's the important question.

I agree, the 600 series works fine and takes nice snapshots. That's what Polaroids are best for. Instant pictures, snapshots and lighting tests. Fast results and simple equipment to take photos.

Otherwise the backs for other cameras are pretty nice.

Though test shots may be the most common way that Polaroid is used in the studio, Polaroid is sometimes used for the final picture as well: Type 55 has a bit of a cult following both in and out of the studio. Type 55 is the 4x5 B&W material that gives a print and a negative. I prefer Type 54, a plain 4x5 B&W print material. A well executed 4x5 B&W Polaroid still has a special magic, especially now that many people are accustomed to looking at digital previews. It is fun as well, and there is nothing wrong with you and your client having some fun.

Best,
Helen

Most reactions

New Topics

Back