Polaroid Back For Mamiya 645

mangorockfish

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello. I'm thinking about a Polaroid back for my Mamiya 645. I've been checking them out on ebay and have found several HP401s. Can anyone tell me which Polaroid film these use and is it redily available? I have two 645s and was thinking of using one for test shots and the other for the actual shot. Thanks

Hello. I'm thinking about a Polaroid back for my Mamiya 645. I've been checking them out on ebay and have found several HP401s. Can anyone tell me which Polaroid film these use and is it redily available? I have two 645s and was thinking of using one for test shots and the other for the actual shot. Thanks

Those backs use peel apart, which Polaroid stopped manufacturing decades ago. Fuji stopped making their peel apart about 6 or 7 years ago. You can probably still find some, but be ready to pay a hefty premium. Even at its lowest point, you were looking at $1 a shot. These days, it's probably close to $5 a shot. Definitely not worth it since the test shot will be several times more expensive than the real shot. And remember, that's all so you can put a a really small image the size of a 645 negative on a 3x4 print.

• Agree
Reactions: cgw
WOW!!! $5/shot? I guess that's out. Glad I asked first. Thanks very much.

Yup. Stone-cold dead. Difficult to imagine why you'd bother but at least you know now why those backs are so cheap. There are possible ways to hack those old Mamy 645 backs to accept Instax film but you're looking at a tiny print. Spend your $$$ on film or lenses.

Wow, even worse than the last time I checked. It's up to $10/shot.

Screenshot_20230225-162106.png

That long ago?? I still got some in my fridge!

And some of the sepia, chocolate, blue, I think... the two brown shades held up but the blue was already shifting. But I got some fun colors!

Experimental at this point with what I have left. I mostly use my SX-70.

That long ago?? I still got some in my fridge!

And some of the sepia, chocolate, blue, I think... the two brown shades held up but the blue was already shifting. But I got some fun colors!

Experimental at this point with what I have left. I mostly use my SX-70.

Hmm, I overestimated how long Polaroid stopped (14-15 years ago, so over a decade but not quite decadeS) but yeah, Fuji stopped in 2016.

There was talk of Impossible Project reviving it like he did with the integrated instant, but I don't know if that ever happened. I will have to do some digging. I still have a few dozen packs of The Fuji in my fridge. Might pull some out and make sure my Land Camera is still working.

You're right, they did... don't know what happened with that...

We both have the important stuff in our fridges.

Thought Fuji actually made the last-gasp Polaroid branded stuff. Friends tried "Impossible" and felt a bit ripped off--quality and consistency just not there.

Several months ago I found a few boxes of outdated Fuji at the local thrift shop. Paid $3 a box, sold it and now I can buy a new battery for one of my Mustang's.

This company claims to manufacture the film:
Link

NOTE: "one cartridge = one picture"

Please don't complain to me. I am just the messenger. :cool:

Most reactions

Back