Pont-du-Gard, France

FollowYourPath

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Very new at this! Would like to share a set of photos from a recent trip to Pont-du-Gard, France.
A18BC14A-A419-4736-8BEB-3F2867D0E6CC.jpeg
C9F3C3DC-0370-4FF9-A424-21E3891B23DC.jpeg
2D95322E-F8EA-4206-A33F-3F1997B51A7E.jpeg
D21AEBE3-D805-46E0-8E20-050C6871CCA9.jpeg
B85E7054-8C91-44B8-8EC4-0B84D73515D0.jpeg

Last edited:
:chuncky:.Worth waiting for a good set...:encouragement:
Thank you! I posted, then tried to delete thinking I should have picked a different thread. Then reposted!

Except for the staircase, these look like some HDR was applied, which has resulted in halos along the edges, as well as some pretty severe contrast at the edges between light and dark. Maybe it's simply edge enhancement or sharpness adjustment. The sky is a little "too blue" as well, to my eye, maybe oversaturated. This is just me, but I'd back off a little on both of those features. i really like the subject and how they look overall, but those harsh edges distract me.

Except for the staircase, these look like some HDR was applied, which has resulted in halos along the edges, as well as some pretty severe contrast at the edges between light and dark. Maybe it's simply edge enhancement or sharpness adjustment. The sky is a little "too blue" as well, to my eye, maybe oversaturated. This is just me, but I'd back off a little on both of those features. i really like the subject and how they look overall, but those harsh edges distract me.
Thank you very much for the advice! I will look into all of that!

HDR. So that is why some of the edges have a black border.
I've never done HDR.

HDR. So that is why some of the edges have a black border.
I've never done HDR.
I’m very new to this! I did not intentionally seek out for HDR. I actually had to look that up! I was editing my photos in Lightroom (which I just started using) and was just going for what looked right to me. The blue is probably too blue, but when I was reflecting on my time at the Pont-du-Gard, I was just trying to recreate how intense the sky was compared to the aqueduct.

I’m very new to this! I did not intentionally seek out for HDR. I actually had to look that up! I was editing my photos in Lightroom (which I just started using) and was just going for what looked right to me. The blue is probably too blue, but when I was reflecting on my time at the Pont-du-Gard, I was just trying to recreate how intense the sky was compared to the aqueduct.

Don't worry about it.
The REAL target of the picture is YOU, so it is YOU that matters, not anyone else.

In the past, the film days, there was a similar discussion (in groups vs. the internet) about the "overuse" of a polarizing filter.

Oh, an iPhone may have some HDR as its built-in processing. I don't use an iPhone so I couldn't say for sure, but my Samsung galaxy has that.

Very nice set! I especially like the second one. These are particularly noteworthy because I just noticed that you took them with an iPhone 11.
Thanks! I do have a Canon digital as well, but didn’t take it with me. I do regret that…lol!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back