Poof, as he lived

Good ol' Poof. Just like family here. He will forever be remembered and loved at TPF.

Bless little Poof.

A toast! To Poof!
moe.gif

Just, damn! I knew it when I saw the thread title. I waited a few minutes before clicking on it, just to hold the bad news back for a bit. So sorry, man. I always looked forward to your zany shots of him. I'll miss them.

Maybe you can get another one after the grieving process?

Sorry for your loss Hamlet, but appreciate your sharing with us.

Very nice series of photos of Poof.

So sorry about Poof! They certainly do become part of the family. He reminds me of the one my brother had when we were kids in Germany (we refused to come back to the US unless Dinky came with us, airline said it was their first time flying a hamster overseas). I know you will miss him but at least you have lots of wonderful photos to remind you of him.

I just wanted everyone to know on this forum, for those that have been following Poofs little adventures. He was in a progressivly weakened state for a couple of days, till finally this morning at about 10:30 paris time, my little friend Poof passed away from natural causes.

I bring him up here, because he was the reason i got into photography and a lot of folks here are familiar with my little friend. I'll share some of the pictures i took with him throughout his lifetime:

Here my little guy when he was feeling not too good two months ago:
Poof

This is a picture of poof after he recovered from that serious disease:
26592-1414456876-6a75c7ee5dbfa5c8b133800d7bf2cf0f.jpg

Here he is fit, healthy and back to his old self
26612-1414611528-b8ba1414960f1dcb4ca6962cb47c2931.jpg

Here is a more sketchbook type of picture of him i took when he was eating out of his bowl
26593-1414456882-db83e5ff847b73370d180fdbe86a02ff.jpg

Here he is fast asleep in the summer, thinking of sunflower seeds
Poof

Here is poof doing some product modelling last winter
24623-1388026242-87c1496fbe5ed0898a784245b0498467.jpg

Here is poof in the spring in the garden, exploring.
Poof Tuin 2
Poof Tuin 3

Here is poof, he was having a good time here, he was a very photogenic hamster
Poof

Poof reinacting a scene from the movie UP
UP

Here he is helping me with my flash photography
Poof Flash

This is the first time i brought him to the garden, this was the first time he had seen the outside, he was too afraid to go outside of his box to explore, i just took a picture of him there so he wouldn't get stressed going out of the box
Kleine Budai

Here is poof on the moon, i don't know how he got up there
Poofmaan

While technically a very flawed picture and unusable, this still is one of my personal favourites. He heard my dslr go off, and i got this nice eye catching picture
Poof 4

My first attempt at trying to get a hamster studio going, i had desk lamps setup every which way. There is a hamster cake in the foreground there to keep his attention towards the camera, as you can see, his attention is fixed
24629-1388254123-0cf31507d406bcf41f87d39fbc3017f4.jpg

Here is poof enjoying his hamster snack
Poof 1

Very curious poof here
24518-1386072342-bbaf5d5fc520ee4b2f293d98655267e3.jpg

Him "posing" for a portrait
24325-1382267550-f6e8dba7b46dfce6f6275b15e6490ebd.jpg

Here he is playing
24283-1380743708-65b86653f3376ef0078900f293c24b51.jpg

Here he is just a couple of weeks old, exploring his surroundings
24166-1379205160-f039044915a7fc4962606d2c11ebf4ab.jpg

This is the first picture i put any thought into and the one that got me into to photography. My goal was to get sharp pictures of my hamster, but i ended up with something a lot more meaningful. I got to spend a lot of time with my little Poof, he was a really great friend always there through thick and thin.
24168-1379205161-a2bc1adbd8b53a5199b06e8965856495.jpg
Sorry you've lost your pet. I know how they become members of the family. The photos should help keep the memories alive.

Thank you everyone. When i made this list, i felt that he was still around. I'm slowly starting to accept the facts emotionally. My mind is too clouded, gonna need a break from everything for a while.

Thank you everyone. When i made this list, i felt that he was still around. I'm slowly starting to accept the facts emotionally. My mind is too clouded, gonna need a break from everything for a while.

:hugsalot:
I was in a fog for a long time after my first cat died. I had to put all of his stuff out of sight because I couldn't stand being reminded of his not being there with me anymore. It's really hard, especially when you encounter someone who doesn't understand why you'd get upset over "just an animal" but it'll slowly get easier. Sending you :icon_hug:!

Oh so very for your loss, I know how it feels too. I really liked poof and enjoyed your past photos of him. Thank you for sharing poof with us. Hugs

......... It's really hard, especially when you encounter someone who doesn't understand why you'd get upset over "just an animal"......

I truly feel sorry for those who have never known the joy of a pet. They have my pity.

I am very sorry for your loss. Believe me when I say I understand the pain. My cats always mean more to me than most people in my life and when I lose one I lose a piece of myself as well.

Sorry for your loss Hamlet, losing "fur kids" is heart wrenching.

I truly feel sorry for those who have never known the joy of a pet. They have my pity.
Oh lord........... my girl cat will be 18 in June. I'm going to be worthless after she passes. :blue:

Then you already have known the joy of a pet. You'll be the better for it, even after she's gone.

I have a motto: Every life should have nine cats. I'm on my 7th & 8th. Once they're gone, I figure the 9th one will outlive me.

Sorry for your loss :(

Hamlet............. I saw this tonight and immediately thought of you, and how you would create scenes and predicaments for Poof! I hope it isn't in bad taste, and that it will remind you of many good times with your pal.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back