Pool-side shots, flowers, and some lions. (First time ever shooting with a film SLR.)

David A

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Like the title says, this was my first time I have ever shot with a film camera. Not only was it my first time ever using a film camera, but it was also my first time using an SLR camera. I can tell I really have alot of practice to go before I am even close to alot of you guys on here.

Anyway, please be tough on me...what doesn't kill me can only make me better. Hope that you enjoy them...The goose picture didn't turn out as well as I wanted. I wanted the beak in focus and the neck a bit blurred...Oh well, I always have tomorrow to try.

(BTW- I had them copied over to digital format at our local Walgreens. I was very pleased with the quality of the picture at such a high viewing resolution.)

Thanks, David...

Pink%20flower%20pool%202.jpg

Pink%20flower%20pool%201.jpg

Purple%20flower%20grass.jpg

Yellow%20flower.jpg

goose.jpg

Parrot.jpg

Lion%20heads.jpg

Green%20leaf%20focused.jpg

Dragonfly%201.jpg

can you resize them smaller? it would make viewing a bit more user friendly ;)

nice work btw!

I'll say one thing, your first experience with a film SLR resulted in much better pictures than did mine. I really like the DOF in yellow flower and dragonfly pics.

Peter

JonMikal said:
can you resize them smaller? it would make viewing a bit more user friendly ;)

nice work btw!

No problem...I set them all to a max of 800 in L/W... :wink:

(Thanks for all the feedback, guys.) :D

EDIT-

Peateater said:
I'll say one thing, your first experience with a film SLR resulted in much better pictures than did mine. I really like the DOF in yellow flower and dragonfly pics.

Peter

Umm, excuse my ignorance, but what does DOF stand for?

Neophyte Photographer said:
DOF stands for depth of field

I think the best way i can describe it is the nearest and furthest points in your photo that are in focus

Oh...I know what depth of field is. I just didn't know what the acronym stood for. Thanks. :)

Most reactions

Back