What's new

Poppies in B&W

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Joined
Nov 28, 2011
Messages
6,593
Reaction score
3,719
Location
Ontario
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
In the interest of getting ready for flowers to bloom around here I went back through some poppy shots. Rarely am I thrilled with how reds render so I did this one in black and white and went for a bit of a subtly different interpretation.

Would love to hear your thoughts, thanks for taking a look!

 
these are not the puppies I was looking for!
 
I like how the light plays on this flowers but TBHWY I have here a problem. Flowers in b&w are generally a hard target since the colour, the most exciting part of it is gone. We have left only the shape, light - shadow relation and perspective. In this picture, how I see it, the perspective is failing completely, I don't have feeling of any space, everything seems to be in one plane. Also don't like the density of the general background. It is too grayish, almost depressing. :( sorry...
 
these are not the puppies I was looking for!

Ack, I'm very vulnerable to anything puppy right now, I avoid them at all costs, we lost our Miss Gabby last spring and I'm almost to the point of needing/wanting doggy energy back in my life BUT my last kid just moved out and Mr Rabbit and I have NO ties for the first time in many many many years so I'm trying to stay dogless at least for the summer so we are free to just GO!
 
I really like this! The grass has a very delicate look and the flowers look fragile and almost like paper - which is meant as a good thing. :-) Nicely done.
 
I love these photos! Those are both fantastic :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom