Porsche Carrera GT3 // Subaru WRX (JDM) // Mitsubishi Lancer

totalmajor

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.subarunited.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey guys, I FINALLY got my camera and took some photos of my car and a few of my friends's cars....

PLEASE critique me on these photos, they were all photoshopped by the way...

What should I be working on to improve my skills?

Porsche GT3:

IMG_0656.jpg

IMG_0657.jpg

IMG_0658.jpg

IMG_0660.jpg

IMG_0661.jpg

IMG_0662.jpg

Mitsubishi Lancer:

IMG_0645.jpg

IMG_0649.jpg

IMG_0651.jpg

Subaru WRX:

IMG_0511.jpg

IMG_0546.jpg

IMG_0522.jpg

IMG_0517.jpg

IMG_0513.jpg

These were all shot using a Rebel XTI with a 15-55mm lens (stock one)

Hope you enjoyed em, hope I can get some constructive critiscm...

Thanks,
Peter

Boy the new lancer's front end is disgusting.

For me the best one is the 1st porche pic. BTW that porche is sweet with black rims!

and the wrx with the houses is a very nice shot, pity the houses are at a slight angle...

also the last shot is really nice too!

ahh thanks!

The lancer doesn't look that bad, it just has a case of "I need to get this lowered as fast as i can" lol...

The lancer and porsche have a bit too much black I think. Otherwise, great pictures.

yeah i tried something different with those photos...

i saw my friend's shot of the WRX and it looked much more warm in color.. so i played around with the curves... hold on.. here's one of his...

DSC_0097.png

i mean, is that all camera? he has a d80 opposed to my rebel XTi

Snazzy. Car photos that are shot from ground or near ground level are really appealing to me, as you have done in no. 8.

Silver is a harder color to shoot on cars IMO. Just kinda boring. Seems like you have to really focus on your background or other complimenting elements to emphasize a silver car. Too much contrast to the point that it's blowing out the shadows. Ironically you should have used higher contrast on the silver and less on the blacks.

Here are a couple shots of a silver S4 I took. I don't necessarly like the composition of the first one as much, but find the car to look more appealing because of the higher contrast. The second shot could stand to have a boost in contrast.

2331146175_d86c0a0180_o.jpg

2331973996_bb66797622_o.jpg

that GT3 is SICK!!! The Lancer photos could stand to lighten up a bit in PS cause the Lancer seems to blend into the background. The STi is pretty damn cool too :) Great angles and all. I have learned that shots of cars tend to be better if taken from headlight level or below.

Dont like the lancer pics too much. I believe they are too dark.

All the others are great!!

I would like to see the gt3's pics a bit brighter. i wanna see those GIANT calipers on those front brakes, and if I'm not mistaken aren't the calipers supposed to be red? If they are, I think they'd look awesome if you could get that bright red in there. In the last photo in the GT3 set, maybe turn the wheels all the way to the left to give some depth to the wheels, and you should be able to see the rotor and caliper if you do that. Also, in the shot from the rear of the GT3 I'm not a big fan of the chase logo on the building, or the lamp that seems to be growing from the roof.

I dunno.........

all of your shots look like you want crazy overboard with the levels and contrast as in, way too much screwing around with photoshop. They don;t look natural, some of them, especially the black car photos, are just plain blown out with all the super saturation going on.

[I seriously don;t understand people saying AWSOME and GREAT PHOTOS when they have been so overly manipulated and so overly saturated....]

You asked for CC - I don;t know any more PC or gentler way to say these things, hope to not offend, but well,............. :confused:

Most reactions

Back