Porsche HDR

Blind Productions

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Feedback is appreciated :D

4286932442_ccd532144f_b.jpg

For being HDR there doesn't seem to be much detail gained... then again I don't know what the originals looked like either.

it does have a cool feel indeed, but i too wonder about detail gain.
also, there is some slight glow coming off the roof.

overall, cool looking shot though. :thumbup:

Nice Porsche GT2...Can you give me an idea on how you shot it with the HDR??

Very cleanly and tastefully done. I suspect the side of the car facing us would be somewhat more dark without the HDR treatment given the position of the sun. Doesn't seem like an overwhelming HDR need here, but since you had a delicate hand in the process I think the results are very nice.

:thumbup:Great shot very natural looking.

Thank you everyone for the feedback! I'm really glad you liked it.
Some details about the shot:
I used just 3 exposures set at 2EV.
It was around sunset so that's why I have that low sun in the background.
There is almost no touch ups in photoshop, just very light tonemapping in Photomatix.

for dark wheels Nd car for that matter you need to make sure you get some exposure out of those dark areas, especially for HDR it shouldn't be a problem... looks like the contrast was bumped up a bit maybe?

Excellent shot, I love that you can't even really tell that it's HDR. Background and sky are perfect.

This shot is perfect. Perfect use of an HDR. Those who are saying that there isn't much detail gained have probably never shot a black car against a nice sky. I'd guess that a single exposure getting the car exposed perfectly in this scene would have given you a sky that was subpar to say the least. Very nice job.

Shooting cars is no easy task. I like clean lines around the body if possible. The spoiler is hard to see against its background. I dont like the pier coming out the windshield. As for the driver's side, there should be some form there. Move the car so the paint reflects some unidentifiable white. As PhotoXopher said, we dont see the original so its tough to know how much Photomatix altered your pic. Glad you didnt go over the top with the sliders. Its a nice shot and Im just knitpicking.

I'm with some other people when I say that my only real concern is the detail in the car - Seems way too dark in some areas! However, I think overall it's a really nice shot =]

Most reactions

Back