Portrait Attemp C&C welcome

ccssk8ter11

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
(Portrait Attempt* ^)

Here is a portrait of my girlfriend i did a few days ago for fun,
let me know what you think. For some reason it seems to have kind of alot of noise??

version2.jpg

Whoa. She is pretty.
Having the sun behind her was tricky, of course, and maybe something white behind YOU to reflect some MORE light back onto her face would have made this even nicer, but with a girlfriend like that you can't really make any BAD portraits, now can you? ;)

Very nice. But do be a sweetie and eliminate that little blemish in the white of the left eye. Then reprint, present it to her and modestly declare, 'Aw, 'twaren't nothin.'

It's a good shot, but to my eyes, the sun spots & the noise are a little distracting.
Were you using your max ISO?
Like another poster said, you could of used a reflector to bounce some sunlight back on her.
Or
It looks like you were probably really close to her? If you were you could of tried your flash on it's weakest setting and held something over it (like a piece of toilet paper) to defuse it.

I like the sun flare at the top, not so hip with the one at the bottom or the flare in the hair (otherwise, it's like an intense hair light). Focus on the eyes looks a little soft but at this resolution it's really hard to tell. Lovely image, though, despite it's couple very minor flaws.

Nice portrait! The sun flare is a nice addition, but perhaps try taking a portrait without it. Is this her real eye color? ;)

beautiful photo!

I agree with everyone else, the sun spots are a little distracting, maybe next time make sure her head covers the sun. Doing it that way will give her hair a pleasant halo effect which should look good with the blond hair and then you would need a reflector or a fill flash to light the face and you're good to go. It really is a great photo though!

Thanks for all the nice comments :)
Yeah i know the sunspots are a little distracting, i didn't really want those in the picture, that one just turned out that way, dumb question but how do you avoid those? Other than just blocking the sun with her head. I was using a 50 mm f/1.8.

@slim paul, It's pretty close to her real eye color but for some reason in the original one eye looked green and one looked brown so i tried to fix it.

Most reactions

Back