Portrait C&C

tevo

Recovering TPF Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Interesting way to pose my model.. but he was extremely happy with the result. Toying around with off camera flash, which didn't do much justice to this picture because of how bright it was outside. Oh well, let me know what you think! Any/all C&C is appreciated^^

ʎnb ןɐɯɹou by theofficialtevo, on Flickr

Maybe the backgroumd (right side) is a bit to bright?

Yeah, there are some blown areas on the right that I didn't notice.. good eye. Will burn them out if I need to use this for anything else :p

I've tried to turn and adjust my iPad to float this guy right side up but no luck.

The subject and treee I like but the background is far to busy (distracting).

The subject and treee I like but the background is far to busy (distracting).

This. Be mindful of your background, young Tevo.

Whadda' you guys talking about!!! The TREE he is hanging from is echoed in the background by the shadows of the limbs!!!! Those shadows are actually critical parts of the composition. And no, I am not joking in the least. I am deadly serious. The shadows "make" this photo.

Whadda' you guys talking about!!! The TREE he is hanging from is echoed in the background by the shadows of the limbs!!!! Those shadows are actually critical parts of the composition. And no, I am not joking in the least. I am deadly serious. The shadows "make" this photo.

Thats mostly why I positioned myself / framed this the way I did, to capture those shadows. But I do agree that there is a lot going on in the background. If I had moved , I would have either gotten all sky, or the street with cars - which would have been much more distracting than this.

Fact is somewhere in between.....Derrel was perfectly right to recognize the significance of the shadow of the tree; at the same time too much of horizontal lines in the back ground distracts attention from the "verticality" of the main subject ( i wondered at the Yogic calmness of his face when i turned my monitor -laptop-upside down to see how he could withstand the streaming blood's pressure into his head)

Regards :D

Frequency said:
Fact is somewhere in between.....Derrel was perfectly right to recognize the significance of the shadow of the tree; at the same time too much of horizontal lines in the back ground distracts attention from the "verticality" of the main subject ( i wondered at the Yogic calmness of his face when i turned my monitor -laptop-upside down to see how he could withstand the streaming blood's pressure into his head)

Regards :D

I agree with this - this shot would have been better had the shadows been cast on a simpler background.

And I still have no idea how he looked so calm :lol:

Most reactions

Back