Indoor Family Portraits

Braineack

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I wasn't feeling great during this shoot (recovering from food poisoning) and I let it get away from me at the end.

I kept having to tell the parents and grandparents to look at my camera and not the people behind me getting attention or the kids they were with. Or just talking to each other. In almost every frame one of the mothers is just looking off into space.

The first portraits I took are actually really good, I was happy with the lighting and poses with the kids, but the session fell apart at the end when people wanted to sit on the fireplace we were shooting in front of and the kids were getting fussy.

They also weren't ready for me when I showed up, and they didn't have a clue were they wanted to shoot so i had to walk the house and figure out a spot, clean up kids toys, and rearrange the living room, and after like 2-3 captures of a pose they were like okay next, and they were standing behind me hovering, and distracting -- I should have been more assertive there and said, no let's take a few more, and made sure to get everything for them, and GET OUT until I call you. :p

Again, a live and learn. But they are happy, so that's really all that matters.

DSC_3156
by Braineack, on Flickr

DSC_3189-Edit
by Braineack, on Flickr

DSC_3184 by Braineack, on Flickr

DSC_3208-Edit
by Braineack, on Flickr

Sports fans might recognize the blonde in the last shot.

Yup, Lindsey “Z”!
Very cool...a celebrity shoot.

My favorite of this set is the first one, of the grandparents with the baby girl. Adorable baby!

I'd say that you done pretty good for the circumstances. Personally I HATE shooting groups and usually end up having to photoshop at least one face from one shot to another to get everyone looking at the camera at the same time. As for them thinking 1 or 2 shots of a pose is enough, I find that frustrating, too. People are used to snapshots and don't understand how pros work; I try to explain to them what I'll be doing but it rarely sinks in.

I'll bet you disliked the kid in the stripey sweater intensely with his eyes everywhere except on the lens!

Nice set, well executed.

Most reactions

Back