Portrait CC

#2 and #3 are my faves in the set.

#1 – foot cut off (already discussed, so keeping my salt thank you very much). You did say she was making faces, and while I don’t mind, I find the face she made makes the post seem a bit fake. Nice composition and pretty sharp.

#2 – I like the post here, looks a bit more natural to me. I like the fountain in the background adding to the feeling she is giving with her arms wide open like that. I don’t mind the selective removal of her arm :). Needs to be sharper

#3 – Sharpness issues, colouring issues. Love the smile

#4 – Same as #3, but I find the pose very uncomfortable. And the flip of hair in her face is a bit distracting.

Great model to work with! Seems like she has great facial expressions and works well with a camera! She has no reason to be self conscious as she is a very photogenic person. If she is making a lot of faces, then I’d play with that in the pictures…make them look more playful so she can make her faces and have it work with the pose.

#2 and #3 are my faves in the set.

#1 – foot cut off (already discussed, so keeping my salt thank you very much). You did say she was making faces, and while I don’t mind, I find the face she made makes the post seem a bit fake. Nice composition and pretty sharp.

#2 – I like the post here, looks a bit more natural to me. I like the fountain in the background adding to the feeling she is giving with her arms wide open like that. I don’t mind the selective removal of her arm :). Needs to be sharper

#3 – Sharpness issues, colouring issues. Love the smile

#4 – Same as #3, but I find the pose very uncomfortable. And the flip of hair in her face is a bit distracting.

Great model to work with! Seems like she has great facial expressions and works well with a camera! She has no reason to be self conscious as she is a very photogenic person. If she is making a lot of faces, then I’d play with that in the pictures…make them look more playful so she can make her faces and have it work with the pose.

thanks for the input I think next time I will just let her have fun. on the indoor shots she was getting a bit tired of the poses, in her words " these feel like school pictures" ha ha I guess thats a bad thing:confused:

its just these short, unexplained 'drive by' critiques that i was referring to

unexplained??? dude... my critques for those photos were legit, i didnt want to get into things like lighting, because the details that i highlighted ruined the pics for me.. if i liked them, i would have talked more about things like lighting...

and you say where did the "post count" comment come from.. after i posted that, I had a BUNCH of people PM me saying "thank you for saying something to him because he doesnt stuff like that all the time" fact is, your an arrogant high count poster, so you belittle other peoples comments because you think your better than them at CC... and because your a mod, when people argue back, you give them strikes... well.. I just dont care.. so strike away.

On a glamour retouching note:
You can try a little dodge/burning on photos #3 and #4. If done correctly, you can actually thin her face out a little. Just be careful not to over do it. A little contrast would be nice too.

fact is, your an arrogant high count poster, so you belittle other peoples comments because you think your better than them at CC... and because your a mod, when people argue back, you give them strikes... well.. I just dont care.. so strike away.

This is so far off base its untrue. I only say anything to people who come across harsh (and for no reason) to other people... everyone knows that, so don't try and turn it around.. like im picking on people, i am a mod and i would never do that. So not only are you now directly attacking me but you are also going against my request to stop hijacking this guys thread.
Please read the TPF guidelines about forum etiquette and arguing with the TPF staff.

To the OP, full apologies for having an open discussion in your thread.

Aren't you doing the same thing by always having to have the last word?

not if i don't keep being asked questions :p

Na, chris could have pmed me but instead decided to spread rubbish about me out there to the public.
I could of course have just deleted his comments, but i believe its fair to let people read the whole conversation and come to thier own conclusion, i have nothing to hide. ;)

unexplained??? dude... my critques for those photos were legit, i didnt want to get into things like lighting, because the details that i highlighted ruined the pics for me.. if i liked them, i would have talked more about things like lighting...

I understand this point of view but to me the things you pointed out were simple kinds of errors. I think the OP and others could have learned more from some C&C on the lighting.

EDIT started posting prior to realizing the BAN.

On a glamour retouching note:
You can try a little dodge/burning on photos #3 and #4. If done correctly, you can actually thin her face out a little. Just be careful not to over do it. A little contrast would be nice too.

I will have to give that a try then.. thanks for the tip. Still learinig photoshop.

This is so far off base its untrue. I only say anything to people who come across harsh (and for no reason) to other people... everyone knows that, so don't try and turn it around.. like im picking on people, i am a mod and i would never do that. So not only are you now directly attacking me but you are also going against my request to stop hijacking this guys thread.
Please read the TPF guidelines about forum etiquette and arguing with the TPF staff.

To the OP, full apologies for having an open discussion in your thread.

Apology accepted. Alarinov is a girl. I appreciate it.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back